Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Trying to set lash the proper way on a SBC 350!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BuLLeTCoLeKToR, Mar 15, 2018.

1. I'm trying to figure this out...

2. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

What hole is the pump linkage rod in?

Tickety Boo likes this.
  3. Haha, funny you should say this...after checking the secondary flaps and removing slack from linkage...messing around with distributor advancing it would still bog...until finally, I messed around with the accelerator pump settings. It was set to the middle hole (there is 3 setting available), so what I did was move it up to the top setting...and the Bog is gone, takes off with no hesitation, runs strong and sounds like I always felt it would sound like, just Awesome. The mechanical distributor is advanced to 10*, locked down and when all vacuum lines and air filter is connected, it is at about 20* at idle, and showing 900 rpms on the tach. Now, the only issue I have is, when I drop the truck into drive or reverse, the idle lowers down to about 500 rpms, seems like it wants to die...it doesn't die out, but my vacuum seems low because the brakes seems to be not right...I have to take it to the floor to stop. But man, it's almost there!

Tickety Boo and saltflats like this.
  4. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

Did you do the idle mixture adjustment yet?

5. Yeah, my dad did that already...not sure what he did but it does sound good. Air/fuel mixture/adjustment?

6. Blues4U

Blues4U
    from So Cal

dbl check it. It not only helps with a smooth idle, it helps prevent the large drop in idle speed, and it also helps get a smooth transition from idle/low speed to accelerating. It doesn't hurt to go over it a few times, and in fact doing the process a couple of times helps to get it even smoother. Plus, if you haven't done it, then it's a good exercize. The e-manual that was posted earlier has a nice instruction on this. I get a little more anal about it than they do in that manual, but their instructions will work.

BuLLeTCoLeKToR likes this.
  7. Thanks Blues4U, I will do this...haha, it's about the only thing I haven't messed with yet...full circle. :cool: