Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to identify radiator hose! Help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redlinetoys, Jan 13, 2015.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

I have a custom project that requires a replacement radiator hose. The specially molded hose I have has worked perfectly for 10 yrs but it is time for a new one.

The problem: I have no idea what the hose is off of and I don't know what the numbers mean.

Can a hose be looked up by the stamped numbers?? Mine is:

ZSM 2F07 EBP D1 BOMH50

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. There is a thread on here from a week are so back that has complete listing of hoses and pictures. Your number does not look like any rad. hose number I've ever seen.

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Thanks. I did a search but somehow missed that. Just found it though. I'll spend some time to see what that can provide.

I'm pretty sure I kept the numbered sleeves off of the hoses during the first go around. I'll have to go on a hunt for those as well.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. squirrel

squirrel

a good thing to do when asking for help identifying a part, is to provide a picture or two of that part. Someone might recognize it, and save you some time searching.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I used a section of a molded hose on my truck and still had the leftover. I took the leftover into O'reillys today because I'm doing the same thing over on another car. the numbers were on the piece I had, but the counter guy said they were just batch numbers and didn't help him. I'll have to make up what I need from a piece of air cleaner pre-heat hose and stare at the hose rack again.

blue