Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to get my title..........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblockmama, Apr 13, 2007.

1. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

OK, I don't know why this is so frigging difficult. Someone please give me some advise.
    We have a 30 model a truck. We actually found the original owner of the truck, and he was willing to go down to get the title for us. Of course he didn't have the title in his hand anymore, because his house burnt down................Now, they told him they would have to research in some crap they called archives to find the title. :mad: Well, they say that they cannot find a title that old.
    Shouldn't there be some kind of record somewhere???
    Can anyone help??????
    This is a bunch of BS if you ask me!!!!!!!!!!

2. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

Your state was probably computerized in the late 80's. That's 50 years worth of information. Information that was probably never micro-fiched, and only stored in boxes in a warehouse until the storage fee's got so high they dumped them.

People bitch about taxes, and you want someone to find 1 record amongst billions and billions of paper records. Records that don't even exist.

That's BS if you ask me!

You have a vehicle with no title. Work forward, not backwards. Go buy another title. They are available.

3. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

yes they are available, the only ones I have found are about 1500.00
    Hell, I didn't pay that for the truck...................
    I want it titled as a 30 model, not a 40, 50 etc........
    Well, if you find one laying around for less than 1500. let me know

4. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

I will get you a valid IOWA title for $750 ,wow thats half price!!!

Actually there is hardly a week goes by that someone an here brings up the lost title question and we all repeat how easy and cheap it is to get another one.
    Now if there was just a way to look back at old posts with title in the desciption ,maybe this would get easier.
    I actually feel sorry for the guy who's house burnt down!!

5. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

I could have bought a brand new Corvette for $400 the other day. The owner didn't have the title though... :)

You have to put it all in perspective. When you get the truck built you will probably have 20 grand in it if you build it right. What a lousy $500 to all that?

Don't buy the first title you find. Check the want ads everywhere.

6. I have a 31 Model A roadster Pickup title if that will help,

7. recardo

recardo
    from Winslow

There you go, put the 30 truck cab on some deuce rails, and your in like Flint...

8. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Check the FOR SALE adds here on the HAMB. Look for "Historical Documents" that are for sale. Chances are you'll find something that is either close or dead on. I've got a '29 Ford AA that's going to be titled as a '30 when it's all said and done.

Also, put a WANTED TO BUY add in the other section of the classifieds. That is EXACTLY how my docs found me.

9. kwiksilver

kwiksilver

10. headhunter

headhunter
    from Austin, TX

11. ems customer service

ems customer service

You Can Always Go The The Local Clerk Of Court Or Municiapal Judge And Petiton For A Title,

12. bigblockmama

bigblockmama

The truck has been built for 3 years, and driving with a camaro title.
    Thanks for your help, I found one for 125.00.