Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trying to get a "feel" for the Rocky 36 project..drarwings..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rocky, Sep 2, 2003.

1. I'm trying to get a feel and a direction to go with this 36 Chevy pickup project. It's gonna take a while and I'll have to try several different approaches 'till I get it right. I'm sneakin up on it tho...pardon the non-professional artwork..just done with a number 2 pencil and gone over with a fine tipped felt pen...everything's outa kilter and the scale wavers around throughout the sketch but it gives me an idea what will work visually and what looks stupid.. It's a helluva lot cheaper to sketch it out and make changes on paper than to do the same in steel....

Attached Files:

2. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

3. I can't seem to draw anything automotive without making it a cartoon! An idea I drew out several weeks ago...and I realize it's very rough.............

Attached Files:

4. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

hey how the hell you get to be a OLD SCHOOL ORIGINAL??

dude...
    i totally dig the drawing
    but it looks SLOW to me
    Tuck

5. well, first ya gotta be OLD!
    fuckinwhippersnappers.....................

6. The thing that strikes me most about the first pic is that the bottoms of the windows are lower than the tops of the tires.Neat trick if you could pull it off.

7. Terry

Terry

Rocky, I see where your headed. In fact it seems you and I are building our trucks along the same lines. I like what you have in mind!

8. I'm gonna try to get close but remember, everything in the drarwing is outa porportion...onna counta I'm no pro! And I love the cartoony look

9. [ QUOTE ]
    , everything in the drarwing is outa porportion...

[/ QUOTE ] So build it out of proportion. [​IMG]

10. Well said, Unk.

11. plan9

plan9

i think you got it nailed rocky... at least with the tin you will be forced to keep everything IN proportion [​IMG] [​IMG]

i dig the concepts, still have yet to complete mine

12. Radshit

Radshit

That first pic looks a little tight....even for your height challenged self.....

13. so when are you gonna finish the rocky 33 pick-up?

14. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

Rocky- I dig the cartoon-y look, it's a lot better than I coulda done. Whatcha thinking for the interior?

15. oh crap...i forgot! me and my buddy who bought it are doing that....thought i'd let you know what's been up with it. i want you all to know we are leaving it as it was built,just making some minor improvements. first off was the gas tank and and pu box floor. that plastic boat tank had to go! we installed a 10 gallon METAL tank from an old skid steer loader....and mounted in the bed after ditching the plywood flooring and installing a piece of 16 gauge METAL in the floor of the box..unpainted,so it will rust.....next we installed on all four wheels lever action shocks from `40 ford sedan,that was an improvement in the ride. it was still a little choppy,so we decided to remove a couple(maybe 3) leaves from the rear spring...and while we had it apart,we put new seals in the rear end...both the outer seals in the rear hubs/drums..and the inner seals inside the axle bells..(does anybody ever replace them? why not?)...my god,that left side was leaking! and while we were doing that,we heated and realigned the rear spring hangers on the `46 axle bells to fit the curved `34 spring to eliminate the bind in the shakles. new tie-rod ends for the front end,they were a little sloppy,plus a new drag link fabbed to replace the sectioned one.today we built a new floor and transmission cover out of 18 gauge....that's the end of it...now it's done! we put a bunch of miles on it tonight,it's a blast to drive. next time i'm over there i'll snap some pic's and post them.....

16. Oh man...that's all great stuff to do on the 33...I wondered how long the drag link was gonna last..it was an old original that came with the truck..at least part of it was. I sectioned it...spliced it, really, so I could use it with the 39 cross steer box.. I still have a couple 40 lever action shox around here I took off the donor car for the 33. I was planning to use little aluminum Armstrong shocks on it but never got that far.
    I'd love to see photos.. did you guys install a cab floor yet? Repair the leaky pinion seal?

17. JimC

JimC
    from W.C.,Mo.

Rocky! You DA MAN!
    This pickemup may even eclipse the ROCKY RAMBLER(tm)
    I like your style of sketching.

That's why you are my hero.
    Now, if I could get one of the "action fighres"
    when will they be offered with a Happy Meal?
    Jim

18. There's only one "action figure", Jim Bob and I'm not sharing with anybody but Mrs Rocky.....heh heh...

19. rock...that first pic is too cool.. and the hemi is gonna be soooooo sweeet. yo - yo....that is one way to keep it real!

ps. how do you know a frenchman's been in your backyard?

your garbage is empty and your dog's pregnant..

a little humor on this foggy morning.

peace!

20. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

hmmm, needs belly burners;)

21. Damn Rocky! i didn't know you could draw too!

I'm still; stuck drawing the same side profiles that I did in high school... I never could get the three-quarter shots down!

Anyway, keep it short, stubby and mean looking like your drawing and you'll grab our attention once again!
    Sam.