Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods TRW forged piston

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by silent rick, Mar 19, 2021.

1. silent rick

silent rick

looking for info on a TRW L2018F piston. supposed to be a stock profile flat top piston for a 312 Ybock standard bore 3.80" or in other words, a .050 over 292 piston.

is this a forged piston?

i know TRW is no longer around and is now speed pro. i don't see it in any speed pro catalog..

i'm looking for a forged flat top stock profile 312 Y-block piston in std bore.

2. lippy

lippy
    from Ks

Ross maybe? Probably be a custom piston. Lippy

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Thought the F in the part number meant it was a forge piston.

Bob Lowry and Deuces like this.
  4. squirrel

squirrel

this auction on ebay...????

looks cast to me.

piston.jpg

5. silent rick

silent rick

i emailed the seller on that. the title and photo of the box say L2018F.std but down in the description of it, it says L2126F.std...which is it?

reason i'm asking is REX hp says L2018F is a forged piston. it would put me right at about 8.4:1 compression. just about right for 7 lbs of boost on pump gas

Deuces likes this.
  6. squirrel

squirrel

Do you have a source for the L2018F pistons? If so, you might want to get a picture of them. If you don't, then it really doesn't matter whether or not they're forged, if you can't get any.

7. silent rick

silent rick

there's the rub, i just missed out on the set from REX and in my search for others came across the pic on ebay and thought, that ain't forged. i want to make sure i'm after the right part before i waste any time.

i suppose the thing to do would seek a custom piston.

8. The 1968 TRW E-168 catalog says it is Powerforged. F does not mean forged. All TRW pistons from L2000F to L2277F (where my book stops) are Powerforged. Dave