Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Trust in People

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mcmopar, Jun 10, 2014.

1. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

pinstriping 001.JPG pinstriping 002.JPG pinstriping 001.JPG A while ago I was selling some parts at Jefferson car show, and a guy wanted to buy my tailgate for a 46 Dodge truck. He told me he wanted it as wall art, and then we started talking about pinstriping. When we were done bsing, I gave him the tailgate. if he would pinstripe my set of Hemi valve covers, and a set of Spitfire valve covers. He left the car show with the tailgate, and valve covers, and all I had was his card, and the word of a fellow HAMBer that he was a good guy. I live 5 to 6 hours away from him. I told some people of the deal, and most of them told me to kiss the parts good by. I told them you have to have trust in people. Well time went by, and when I got home yesterday, there was a box on my table, and I knew what it was. I opened it and a smile came on my face, not only did he do a great job on the valve covers, he made a sign for me that I was not expecting. It just goes to show, that there still are some good people out there.
    The pinstripers name is Michael Olshefke, he is from Gurnee IL, and his business name is Radar's House of Paint. He did a great job, and is a stand up guy. If anyone in the area needs some pinstriping give him a call. 1-847-980-1169. pinstriping 003.JPG pinstriping 004.JPG pinstriping 005.JPG pinstriping 006.JPG

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  2. Mike's work is top notch. I did a roving panel with him a year or so ago!

Yes, there are still people out there that believe that a handshake is a binding contact! Good for both of you!

Now, post some pics!!!

3. There are lots of folks that still believe a mans word is his bond & a hand shake means something. HRP

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
    Saxman and lothiandon1940 like this.
  4. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

HRP beat me to it----

5. Stories like this go a long way toward restoring my faith in humanity. Nice work he did and the sign is way cool and I'm sure you were pleasantly surprised.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  6. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

I am a guy that believes in a hand shake, it should be as good as a contract. I had a guy buy some pickup parts this weekend, he drove 12 hours for them, did not try to get them cheaper, I handed him back $50 because he drove so far and showed up when he said he would, he is also a fellow HAMBer. My daughter asked why I did it, I said karma, and the good deed came back in the form of valve covers.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  7. Damn nice story and work.Good to see trust and honesty.

8. 117harv

117harv

Great read, thanks for sharing.

9. I've had nothin but good luck dealing with HAMBERs!

10. butch27

butch27

Some of the deals I've made I told the guy"I'll send you the part and when you get it, send me the money" I may be too trusting but it's worked so far. I've always felt that car guys are a bit above the regular crowd and have a bond.

11. Grahamsc

Grahamsc
    from Colorado

Several years ago I ordered a high comp cyl head from Performance T in Texas and I asked what amount I should send.
    His reply was I will send you the head if it's what you want send me a check.
    I asked him if he always did business this way.
    He said I don't have many problems with my type of clientel

12. I really appreciate you sharing what happened. Nice to read when you're having a crappy day! Very cool.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

I had some bad apples when I had my shop (San Jose area)
    Trusted the 'hot rod alliance' to be the big equalizer...a new pair of Edelbrock flathead heads...some running gear parts, freshly fabricated...near perfect Model A frame...and some others.
    Trust in a few individuals helped me lose my ass and all the fixtures! LOL

But there were more good ones than bad, after all. But it made me 'cautious'.

Since those years, I have to say HAMB members have restored my faith.

14. Midget25

Midget25

Thanks for sharing your story, I get tired of everyone talking about all the bad deals. I too believe my word and handshake are binding..........................

15. SanDiegoHighwayman

SanDiegoHighwayman

MOST folks keep their word on returnin my gear and "passin on" my assistance I believe -- them that don't -- well, it's ON them -- the looks of astonishment and disbelief are priceless!

The handshake -- a pluggers "binding contract" :)

16. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Lets get this back up to the top for Michael Olshefke. Radars House of Paint. I am glad to see that there are still people left that believe in a mans word. Thanks for all the positive comments. I can't say enough how happy I am with Michael, and his quality work. Thanks