Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Trucks running board pic thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sphynx, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I am working on a 47 binder for an old local guy and we got into a discussion about running boards on trucks ,the IHCs of the 40s only have a short running board but he needs a full length due to his height and bad knees , so I would like to see trucks with long boards and ideas to make this work , by the way the rear fenders are glass 40 ford and these running boards I am unsure of . What I would really like to see is what kind of things people have done when the originals werent available or you had a vision and wanted to be different. So with that said heres some pics of what we are working on .

Attached Files:

• 011.jpg
      011.jpg
      File size:
      484 KB
      Views:
    • 012.jpg
      012.jpg
      File size:
      455.1 KB
      Views:
    • 010.jpg
      010.jpg
      File size:
      467 KB
      Views:
  2. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Those boards look like they are installed/mocked up backwards. The end under the rear fender looks like ti has the long curve to meet a front fender and the other end is the nack end which meets the flat of the rear fender!

3. j-dogg

j-dogg

Those are AD chevy boards. Thats the correct orientation. Should be able to cut/section to fit.

4. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

The thing is they might be a better fit turned around the other way and modified for THIS IHC pickup.

5. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Its going to look better with long running boards.
    Even though the short ones were factory they just dont look rite

6. He's my 47 Dodge with full length boards.
    [​IMG]

7. BJR

BJR

Why not get 2 sets of stock short boards and weld them together? They would already fit the front fender and have the mounting brackets in place.

8. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

Oh come on swallow your pride you know that you didnt know which way those boards are supposed to be , no really you may be onto something after you posted earlier I went out and turned one around and held it up why I didnt try that before beats me thats why I am posting here thinking outside the box is what I am after but I do run into the front of the board is way narrow and will only leave about 8 inches of board but I will keep trying.