Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

1959 short wide

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  2. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I've never heard that term before, what does short wide mean?

Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

short bed, wide side aka fleetside, though really the ad would be better in the classifieds.

5. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Thanks!

I had a hunch that's what it was, and I agree, this is no place for selling your ride.

6. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

erased

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  7. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

oh boy this will be fun,,,:) popcorn comes to mind,,,

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Do people not read anything on the site before they start? I think NO.

9. Blake84

Blake84

JUST GOT EMAIL ABOUT THIS TRUCK ADDED TO THIS THREAD. NORMALLY I LOOK AND SAY O COOL TRUCK. BUT THIS ONE I HAD TO LOCATE A COMPUTER LOG ON AND TELL YOU THIS TRUCK IS SIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKK:D:cool::cool: MY STYLE.

LOVE IT....WOULD LOVE TO SEE A VIDEO OR SOME INTERIOR SHOTS GREAT TRUCK.

BLAKE

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Really you need to lose throwing the "rat rod" term around, we don't do rat rods here. Maybe go ahead and do an intro as well. And fill out your profile. All per Read This First!

Otherwise a pretty neat truck.

11. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

[​IMG]

12. Brand Apart

Brand Apart
    from Roswell GA

soviet truck that is bad asss!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I wouldn't call it a rat rod, they are generally pieces of junk, yours is more like a cool truck.

14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Rat Rod = Unsafe cobbled together with random shit welded to it.

Soviet truckinsky = bad-ass, I would be proud to own that even with the S-10 frame.

15. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

I like that soviet-insky truck,, it doesnt appear to be what he said it was neither, what LN7NUT said,

16. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

OK. I erased the pics. I do not want to hurt anyones "traditional hot rod" feelings.
    I wish I could erase quoted pics as well.
    Even this car is mechanically redone working like new 1990 S-10, passes all inspections, all safety and pollution features work and so on, I´ll call it RAT, everyone around here call it rat, as well as many of the trucks seen on this topic are more or less rat.
    This might be cultural or lingual issue, I do not know.

17. Brog

Brog

It's alright man it's a issue here in America also. Some people glorify the term RAT by describing it as nice, well put together cars with a bit of rust, while others describe it as unsafe scrapyard junk built by the less intelligent. Both descriptions are for two different types of vehicles but sometimes they carry the same name.... rat rod. On this site rat is viewed as the unsafe scrapyard junk, not the well put together ride without the flashy paintjob.

Your truck is nice, I would not consider it a rat just because the body and paint aren't exactly show quality.

18. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I dig the soviet truck. I wouldnt mind seeing a mild chop

19. Ratrod54

Ratrod54
    from Frisco, tx

Man, throw that term around all you want. Its your interpretation of the term that matters. I consider my truck to be "Rat Rodish". I have had other cars of the like as well. Not pieces of shit that are thrown together, rust buckets with bare metal seats, holes in the doors or spikes welded to the roof... rather, bad ass rides that are unfinished but functional with a good solid look. There is nothing wrong with the term. Hell, I have caught crap a few times for my handle but whatever... it is what it is.

Post the pics again, that is a cool truck!

20. Blake84

Blake84

I second that.....

21. judd55

judd55
    from B.C.

Put them pics back up......... it deserves a spot here. It's yours, call it whatever you like, It's just not a rat by North American standards.

22. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I have to agree with Ratrod54 Brog OahuEli Novadude55 Blake84 and judd55 , it's all a matter of interpretation, but I think the main sentiment here is none of us like the poorly built rods with random crap welded to them, which as far as I have seen none of our car and trucks are, these are cool and nice vehicles built on our time with our skills and meager budgets. These people who bitch and whine because a wheel is wrong or they see a metric bolt or because they have extremely narrow views on what can be built in the traditional style need to go back to building mini twucks and donks where bad attitude seems acceptable and let the rest of us actually enjoy the hobby as comrades.

I built my truck with my dad in my driveway, I drive it every damn day putting over 30 000 km on it last year even with it being off the road for a while with a blown tranny, I put my blood sweat and tears into my ride, I built it for nobody but me... but according to some of you this isn't traditional rodding because of some narrow minded opinion of a concept that is as vast as the sky is blue.

We're all here because we love traditional styled rods, not to knit-pick tiny pointless details and whine about terminology that nobody should care about.

Lets post trucks, if someone says Rat ignore them or offer usefull advice instead of having your temper tantrums, if some one posts something that is OT treat them as you want to be treated, especially if they are new, I see so many new people leave due to the elitist douchebag attitudes they get for making an innocuous mistake.

Now back to what we should be doing... I don't recall seeing any photos of it posted yet, but here is Ray Fahrner`s 32 Ford "Eclipse"

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. deadly

deadly
    from surrey,uk

hey, we love trucks too! Was going to have to sell our '46 chevy (sat on a corvette frame!) so decided to give it a job towing a catering wagon so we could justify keeping it!!!

Attached Files:

24. Brog

Brog

That is so cool^^^

25. Markgyver

Markgyver

Not sure who this truck belongs to but I found these pick on another thread here on the hamb. I love the Bed on it.

Attached Files:

26. thats plowboy^^^^^^^

27. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Did you put it on the corvette frame?

28. MY 55 Ford F-100 Panel. Many miles, needs more work on the suspension.
    700 R4 Trans with 327 Chev built engine

Attached Files:

29. Zilrodder

Zilrodder

I have seen lots of junk built "restored" cars, unsafe hot rods, cars built with out intelligence and skills... and no one is calling them rat rods. pile of s**t is always a pile of s**t no matter how you call it. When a car starts to be a ratrod and when is not a rat rod any more, what you got to do??? where you draw the line? You see the extremities, shiny show paint vs. rust pucket. It is quite hard to determine when it turns to be a rat or out of being rat? Isnt it?

I have been restored dozens of old automobiles, done few customs and lowriders, won awards from the shows during last 25 years. I know what is like to go by the book in restoring Mustang or Impala or have a 20K paint job and wait for the first scratch to it.
    I found the world of rat rod style just lately. Majority of them are what you say but there are also jewls there. Some of those has a great intelligance and skills hided in the structures. Builders has spent more hours than average Camaro restoration.

I build my cars like most of my fellow countrymen for the road. We have toughest inspections in the world and highest fines and dues so there is no option for the lousy job. I can drive this car to WW3 and back (actully front fenders were in WW2)[​IMG] This time I do not have to worry if someone is leaning on the car, eats or drinks in it, my kids eating and spliting icecream in it or anything what used to drive me carzy with show quality cars earlier.

I will have an inspection for the truck soon, to get it registered as a S10, and road legal, so its not finished yet, needs some details need to be done.
    Perhaps I post pics later.

30. Novadude55

Novadude55
    from CA

Zilrodder, I like your truck. You have done a great job.