Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features TRUCKS ONLY PIC THREAD! Show me your cool trucks...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 11, 2009.

1. Diavolo

Diavolo

I dunno, this is my ride running on 20"s. Seems traditional enough to me.

[​IMG]

2. JSHAW

JSHAW

Cool truck from the Phoenix swap meet today.

Attached Files:

3. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

4. The stereo is too new.

Just kidding, I love it.

5. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

thats a nice looking truck ....good work

6. koolkemp

koolkemp

Very nice!I would love an original old truck like this...dunno what I would do with it but I would love it none the less!!

7. Getting ready for paint. But first I have to remove 4 layers of old paint.

Attached Files:

8. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

oh no, another one got in. sbc, front clip and the wheels, they match his horse trailer. Quick call the hamb police a crime in the making has been posted !!!

looks good Crusty, what color are you shooting for?

9. Very observant! But, No front clip, actually what you see is my 46 sitting on a 96 Honda Passport chassis. Isuzu build and rebadged their Rodeo chassis for Honda. I picked up this wrecked suv by bartering a $200.00 repair. Makes for a great chassis for my hot rod, 4 wheel disc brakes, Dana 44 Rear end. Small block and auto fit great even with stock exhaust manifolds. What's not to like? I suppose there will be some out there that will poo poo the exposed independant front end and power steering. But hey, I'm getting to be and old man "old mumbler" as a FNG called me, and I need the power steering and power brakes. As far as color, I served in the US Army during Viet Nam, so my choice for this truck will be O.D. olive drab.
    Thanks for the nice comments.

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Hahaha! Instead of "The H.A.M.B. -Spreading the gospel.....etc." Ryan should totally change it to "The H.A.M.B. -For stuff older than zman."

Dude, this is the hamb. The hamb is dedicated to traditional hot rods and customs. So, it kind of goes without saying that when I asked for cool trucks that I mean cool trucks in the vein of traditional hot rods and customs.

I try to have nothing newer than 1960 or so on my truck. It's impossible to do that with everything, I have a new battery and a monoleaf and some other small tidbits. I didn't have the talent to adapt cadillac to chevy throttle and tv linkage or vice versa so I used a Lokar cable. But you won't catch me rolling on wheels and tires that look like Popular Hotrodding in 1992. What I'm saying is that there has to be some compromise but you try to not make it so obvious or even try to hide it if possible.

Now, Karl Pilkington would say (and I would agree), "to each their own an' that.". And that's great. I would say build whatever your mind can dream up. Whatever floats your boat. But find the appropriate avenue for sharing your desires.

Love,
    terd

[​IMG]

***EDITED TO ADD TRUCK CONTENT***

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  11. Here's my '40 Ford 1/2 ton stake truck. I'll go ahead and point out that it has NON TRADITIONAL Firestone radials, a new GM ALTERNATOR, and is getting ready to have a new Posies reversed eye front spring on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Maybe I am a hypocrite. But quite honestly, besides the Lokar cable and a battery, you'd be hard pressed to point out anything modern on my pickup. And I hid my battery. I'm not running a 700R, but rather the stock 1958 Cadillac hydramatic trans.

The bottom line is my pickup is in the vein of what is considered "traditional" by the collective hamb. Your truck is not in any way whatsoever. No need to be butthurt by that. Just the way it is. If you wouldn't see your ride cruising the boulevard or at the race track back when, it doesn't belong here. Pretty simple.

Total jibber jabber. Every magazine in the '50s and '60s had trucks on the covers and as features as well as "how to customize your truck" articles. Just how do disagree'ers think all those hot rodders got all those engines home from the junkyard?

And since this is a pic thread...

Back when there were no trucks being rodded or customized...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yeah, no evidence whatsoever of trucks being rodded and customized back when. And 40streetrod, who's truck looks more like the above, mine or yours? Your name says it all. And there's nothing wrong with that. Embrace what you love. It just belongs elsewhere on this giant innernetzzz.

13. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Now then, I've set the bar. If your truck doesn't look like the above, or is not in the process of being modified to look like the above, pretty please with sugar on top do not post it in this thread.

And I almost forgot (how could I forget), my dear old dad and his "Relampago"...
    [​IMG]

14. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

15. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

play nice in your sandbox, I'm off to work for now
    have a nice day!

16. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

There is a feature on the nugget f100 on the current mad fabricators video.

17. .....points for the '48 Chevy taillights!

18. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

Couple of my buddys 54

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Dude, if I had to post every time there was an off topic pic in this thread, I wouldn't have time to do anything else. It would be a full time job. And quite frankly, this thread depressed me for a long time due to all the off topic vehicles which is mostly why I've kept quiet.

But I have found renewed vigor, even though my efforts appear fruitless as there continue to be off topic vehicles posted after my "rant". So I will ask once again, pretty please with sugar on top, no off topic vehicles, no stockers, no camper shells, no vw's, and for goodness sakes no Weld Drag Stars. From now on. Go.

Pic thread...
    [​IMG]

20. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Let's get this thread back on track......progress on my traditional build.....

[​IMG]

21. Terd, just want to apologize for posting my stock '47, which actually is not stock since I replaced the wire harness with newer plastic coated and the wheel cylinders are new not rebuilt old ones.

22. 46stude

46stude

If you're not hearing what Zman is saying, maybe there's a forum better suited for you elsewhere. The HAMB is pretty simple to figure out.

Attached Files:

23. my top fords,,,well there is one ore i cant find pictures of.

Attached Files:

24. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

No apology necessary. All I wanted was a pepsi.

25. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

do people read ? here Terd and myself are in the stupid pissing match and someone is posting a VW picture.

26. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That VW showing up like that out of the blue was kind of ironic, but it was nice to see civility towards the guy that posted it, that's a nice change!

27. austinhunt

austinhunt

28. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I hate it when people cross their I's a dot their T's, kinda confusing...:rolleyes:

29. restomod32

restomod32

here is my 52 F3 project

I have made a few changes that I have tried to keep out of sight to retain the 50's look.

Original flathead V8
    New 12v 1 wire alternator (would like to make it look like a stock gen.)
    T5 5 speed trans with a stock looking shifter
    New front leaf springs
    Four inch drop front axle
    Power steering pump mounted behind fan - not easily noticed
    Toyota power steering box
    Original steering column, wheel and horn retained for stock look
    Hydro-boost power brake unit
    Stock pedals clutch and brake
    Four wheel disc brakes
    New 16" wide whites - sent the 17" widow makers packing
    New 9" Ford rear-end, geared to match the T5 trans
    Rear C notch with 4 bar and adjustable coil overs

If your not looking for the upgrades you wont notice them. The 16" rims and tires fill the bigger wheel openings for a better look..... The pic's of the truck are in Pete Clark's shop Dunkirk NY, he has a sweet rear 4 bar setup he developed for the early Ford trucks to lay them low. It's an F3 and the running boards are 7" off the ground.
    <!-- / message --><!-- attachments -->

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012