Register now to get rid of these ads!

Truck bed-what make & year?????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TooMany2count, Dec 2, 2010.

1. I have looked & looked & looked over hundreds of pictures & can only come close to finding out what the pick up bed is from. Lots looks similar but the stamping on the side rails on this bed are punched out rather then in plus this bed has a small nub in the center.
    Yes i do have it for sale in the Classifieds but it would be nice to know what it is.
    The trailer fender was removed, so if you look closely you can see the holes where the original(oval shaped) fender bolted on.
    So does anybody have any idea what this bed is from, cause I haven't been able to find anything like it that matches on carnut.com???
    Thanks........joe

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. '40 - '47 Dodge or Fargo, or '40 - '41 Plymouth.

3. squirrel

squirrel

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

don't look the same to me....although it's close.

4. Now that I see your ad and see the STEEL floor bed, and can clearly see the fender outline, it's sure looks to be a Willys truck bed...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010

5. Patrick if you look at the second picture in my 1st post or squirrel's post you'll see the outline of the TRUE stock fender.
    It is oval or egged shaped, nothing like the Willy's truck bed...joe

6. LowFat48

LowFat48

I believe Dodge and Studebaker used the same bed from about `38-`47 , It was built by Budd I think , heres a `47 Stude

Attached Files:

7. LowFat48

LowFat48

heres a 3/4 ton with the center nub

Attached Files:

8. Looks like Studebaker for the win!

9. Thanks folks.................

10. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

The stanchion pockets look similar to what Studebaker used on their beds and the angle/rolled outer rail look like it too.