Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Trouble with the police

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr Haney, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slapnuts1975

Slapnuts1975
    from Tennessee

I missed this reply. I like this guy and his thinking.

2. [​IMG]
    pay'um off feel free to print all you want , better yet just give me the car and join the garden club!:D just messin with ya haney get some decent mufflers!

3. Larry T

Larry T

Then quit your bitchin/whining and learn to deal with the consequences.

4. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it is not sympathy, it is common sense. this is not a site dedicated to suck me off and blow sunhine up my ass. you know exactly what the problem is and CHOOSE not to fix it. if you piss everyone off around it is your choice, and it sure aint a surprise. if all else fails, just tell 'em that god made me do it.

5. Is there a Negative star rating for a thread?

6. telling you man, hash brownies and mufflers!

10:1 compression and flat tappets makes a race motor? Doesn't like mufflers? You need a better muffler then. with those short primaries and collectors, I would think it would run better with an exhaust system. My $.02

Can't we all just get along?

7. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

HAHAHA, I dont know about you guys but when I ran open headers, it sounded like a F$%king WWII war plane!!!! Loved it!!! Just move out dude,sounds like you live in Mayberry!! And how do you know about the guy who shaves his legs...MMMM???? And yes, you should never trust the police but they dont want to deal with bullshit calls like this either.....I would cap your headers, run a muffler, pass thru the hood all nice then uncap your headers if thats the sound you want to here!! my $0.02

8. 30dodge

30dodge
    from Pahrump nv

I had cops waiting for me and my sleeper wood grained wagon for over a week at one time. The good part, it made the drug dealers paranoid.

9. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

I used to wrench a sprint car and I did it in my shop not the owners. Once a week we push started it down the road and let it run a while before getting it hot enuff to change the oil . I could shake the neighbors windows if i wanted to and did a few times.. Then we went to mufflers .. still loud but a lot better. Anyone running headers without any kind of mufflers or baffleing and bitching about being turned in is a fucktard plain and simple. My suggestion (your not gonna like it ) is to grow up and fix the noise issue .. Ive even got a harley with slipons but there slipons (mufflers).. No mufflers is asking for trouble anbd to be honest it reallty aint traditional....Flame on :)
    Dave

10. Bikertrash

Bikertrash
    from Boise

As a cop with a Harley and a hot rod I can tell you that the police don't enjoy coming to your house any more then you like having them come. (I'm sure they were terribly sorry to disturb your dinner) Re-name your post "I don't play well with others" and leave the cops out of it. My neighbors deal with my bike, hotrod, and bagpipes because I am friendly with them. You and your neighbors should stop calling the police and start working things out on your own. Cripes.

11. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

So people who abide by the law and respect their neighbors don't belong on here???

If it were legal to run open headers and no headlights I'd be the first one with his back... :rolleyes:

Once in a while is cool, no doubt. But if its enough to make people complain maybe there is a good reason for it.

12. Now that's funny...what a GREAT idea!!! Imagine the possibilities.....

Hey, shouldn't you post this to the Questions & Suggestions forum????:D

13. Frosty2

Frosty2
    from Hambone,IN

I could deal with everything mentioned except those damn bagpipes.Glad I'm not YOUR neighbor LOL.

14. Mr Haney

Mr Haney

great post FLH, one i understand ! ! ! exhaust is next, baby coming had to buy crib and stuff. let me make one thing clear here. my car is well tuned, i dont race it on streets only at the track, I am not a punk kid 42 years old with three small children. I was simply tuning my HOT ROD at 3:00 in the afternoon for roughly 15 minutes. the next instance was driving home from car show sunday. I obviously have a lott more self control than some of you bias posting here.

Tman if you dont like this thread, why are you here ? ? please go pucker up and have a nice day . its all good brother ! ! not looking for sympthy just had a bad experience with some wierd neighbors ......

15. jusjunk

jusjunk
    BANNED
    from Michigan

Ok good answer.. id hope at your age and with kids youve got 2 or 3 brain cells.
    Dave

16. Earlier reply

Later reply

You can tell when a person is wrong or lying when the contradict themselves.:rolleyes: Hard to have a battle of wits with the witless. ;)

17. Johnny1290

Johnny1290

50 of your peers tell you your car makes too much noise and you disregard that and think the problem is your neighbors being 'wierd'?

Guess the world really *does* revolve around you. Good to know.

18. 35Chevy.com

35Chevy.com
    from New Jersey

It sounds to me that you are on the wrong side of this dispute with your neighbors and your wife.

Get a set of these slide them in your open pipes with a set screw to hold them in they are easily removed and your neighbors and wife will be happy.

Gary

[​IMG]

Car Chemistry Exhaust Inserts
    Now you can have over-the-top power and torque of open headers and still meet all of your sound requirements. This 18-gauge steel exhaust insert fits directly into your header collector and reduces sound output without restricting power. This three-disc insert is for use on street/strip vehicles

19. Danimal

Danimal
    1. A-D Truckers

Isn't there something called 'false police report' though? I mean, if he really hasn't done anything they are saying, what can he do?

I agree, put the mufflers on it, take the badge number next time and call him once the mufflers are on so he knows you've got them. When they call the cops, he can simply tell the neighbors to stuff it.

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.