Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trouble comes in 3's with another wreck today.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Finally getting the 55 Olds into a shop after 3 weeks to start repairs.

Just a few months ago, something took out the windshield at night and that took over a month to get replaced.

Today (just over two weeks since getting the 55 slammed at a light) I got side swiped in my new truck. I know it's OT, but I still have to maintain it for my employment. But if trouble comes in threes, I hope this covers it..............

The 55 Olds is finally set to go to a shop with all the right equipment to pull and straighten it out right. They only take on several classics a year as they don't like to rush them through like everything new coming in.

Thanks again so much for all the support from fellow Hambers!
    Your good advice has helped a lot!

Attached Files:

2. Glad you're getting the Olds fixed right.

The shits about your new truck.........do you know who did it,
    or was it hit and run?

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Throw away your rabbits foot.... NOW!

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Thanks 47.............

Yeah, little ole Lady who got out of her car and simply said she misjudged.

You are right though, even though it's the first new truck I'd bought in over 10 years and I owe a ton on it yet, I wasn't nearly as upset as when my 55 was hit..........

5. That's a pretty good size whack in the back.

6. saxet

saxet
    from Texas

Are you on first name basis with the instructor down at "Learn to Drive" yet? :) Sorry, Woosh, I hope this is the last of them for good!

7. Aw man! I feel for ya buddy. Hope YOU are okay. Looking forward to hearing everything is fixed and back on the road soon.. One, two, three - yup, yer good to go! ;)

-Dave

8. teddyp

teddyp

dam if it wasn,t for bad luck you wouldn,t have any lately srry to here about it hope everything works out good for you

9. darn! makes you want to take the bus.:eek:

10. I had once totaled out 2 cars in the span of 3 days so you're behind the curve compared to some of us.

Bob

11. 46mercury

46mercury
    from livonia MI

Where do you find a new windshield for that??

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I hear ya Bob..........But I hope it wasn't 2 classics totaled in 3 days!

13. God hates you man..

14. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

You've gotta be fuckin kiddin' me......

I hope this ends your bad luck streak!

15. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Actually 56don, God must not hate me too much in spite of all this.

The 55 got wrecked within site of my house. The truck got hit just 2 blocks from my insurance office.

The hit on the 55 was dead center in the rear so it didn't crush or take out any of the lights or trim that are new and not easy to find. The main frame escaped intact with just the rear bumper rail taking the twist. The rear bumper is the only hard to find part so far.

There's much more custom fabrication and modified work on the front of the car. So in spite of it all, I suppose I should count my blessings.................

16. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

hey Woosh,

'drag about your peek-up!:eek: That quarter could be straightened, but I'm bettin' her insurance company will replace it. Whatever shop you choose for the repair insist on a lifetime guarrantee! My late model Lincoln got plowed into, $8K worth of metal and paint. The Caddie shop I had it repaired at has gone belly up, now I'm lookin' @ $1,500 in labor and materials to reshoot & blend the repair area.:mad:
    Good luck on both your repairs:)

" Life ain't no Disney movie "

17. 48stude

48stude

Man Jerry , That sucks! You must of stepped in some voodoo or something. I got rear ended in my Stude a few years ago so I can relate. I hope they repair your Olds to its former glory. Best of luck! Bill

18. grabrr

grabrr

Can't fault the little old lady...
    Still sucks.....

19. chuckbob

chuckbob

Sounds like Maryland drivers strike again. Be glad you don't drive around the Baltimore Metro area. Cell phones, texting while driving, aggresive drivers, and people who panic when it rains or snows. And to think, Texting and talking on cell phones are illegal here and still you get smacked by little miss SUV on her cell phone. Maryland drivers are the pits. Sorry to hear of your bad luck but I agree with the theory of 3.

20. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Throw out your lucky penny too, 'cause it aint workin'... Maybe not, what if it ACTUALLY IS working?! Sorry for your pain, but it does my heart good to see that some of the bad luck in the world is distibuted to other folks, sometime. I thought I was the king of getting hit every couple of weeks! At least it wasn't your Olds this time...

21. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

If you have a vehicle you would not mind having someone hit they wont get near it.

22. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I know what you mean Jeff...........

Had a 64 Chevy shortbed that I parked out front of the house because I figured on going out again before putting it away.

I live on a bend in the road, but don't normally have to worry about getting hit. A surprise snow dropped on me and covered the road by the time I went back out to it and discovered someone had slid into it left a note with their insurance information. My front door is only 60 feet away, but..............

I was bummed and went back inside and made a call to my insurance agent and found out the information was good and was happy for that. Went back out to the truck and it had been hit two more times already. No one came to the door again, but left information again.

The insurance company asked for estimates, gave me checks and I got one and a quarter what I had in the truck and sold it for almost what I paid for it without touching it.

So I had a Neon I wanted to get rid of and parked it in the same spot for half a year. Yep, nobody got close to it............Figures.

23. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Something like this is why one must mortally ask "Why do bad things happen to good people?"
    Ol buddy,I hope things go your way soon....

24. rats28

rats28
    from Louisiana

I'm not getting In a car with u lol!!!

25. Sound's like you're luck is as good as mine:eek: If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any!

26. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Been just over 3 weeks today since the 55 got slammed. Just not used to being without my cruising therapy that long. But it goes in the shop tomorrow for what is supposed to be no more than 1 1/2 weeks.

Today will be spent removing the trunk upholstery and panels to protect them here. Spare,jack,tools,safety kit, emergency supplies and parts come out to make sure they go back in right.

Swap out shift knob for the one with the shift pattern on it. Note in the right place to make sure the reverse lugs are not snapped off. Another ultra cleanup to make sure it goes in looking the best hoping it will invoke better care while in the shop

Now just hoping things will go right while in someone else's hands to make up for lost time on my part that I'll never get back thanks again to someone else's careless mistake...... Fingers crossed.

27. rick finch

rick finch

Uhhhh...don't go flying anytime soon.

28. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Good point Rick! Guess I'd better stay away from planes, trains and ships for a little while............

I drove demolition derbies for 13 years. Thought I retired. Maybe I didn't?

29. And I thought I was the only one the universe was pissed at.

30. robber

robber

Holy Cow!!! :eek: Are you kiddin me?!? :confused: I think that we should just put metal roofs over all the roads... then we can do the green thing and all start driving electric bumper cars... that way we can hit each other on purpose:rolleyes: I'm gald your OK Sir Woosh:)