Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Trotters Car Club, Columbus Ohio

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rich Venza, Dec 19, 2009.

1. I'm looking for information, photos and hopefully contact with members of the Trotters Car Club from Ohio. They ran a Lyndwood Eliminator II dragster in the early 60's, and I would like to add their full story to the Lyndwood Social Group here on the HAMB. I have the article which was in Hot Rod, but would like to add more details to their story and racing history.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  2. I received a PM with a lead to a buddy of the Trotters founder, George Wingo. It's a shame George passed away just last year, but I'm tracking down his daughter to see if she might have some photos or leads of other surviving members. My contact said the club was first formed in 1953. Two brothers named Bryant were also early members.

Is there anyone else in the Columbus area that remembers the Trotters and the annual car show they put on in the 50's and 60's.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2009
  3. don't have any info but do have a couple photos to bump your thread

Attached Files:

4. Bullet Nose

Bullet Nose

Cool looking hauler and trailer.

5. bustingear

bustingear

I am not famalier with the Trotters but there is another club called the Buck Eye Rod Builders which has been around here for about 30 years. Maybe one of the members there can help you. Check Metal Man here on the Hamb. His father is one of the early members and knows alot of folks. Metal man was a fabractor for the Rahal race team.

6. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

that hauler is awesome!!!

7. chevy3755

chevy3755

a friend of mine....Jim Bryant, his dad was a member of the Trotters.....he was one of the few black guys in hot rodding......

8. chevy3755

chevy3755

i think they ran a 40 Willys pick up...........

9. Thanks to all for the photos and info. There were 2 Bryant brothers in the Trotters. My contact, who is turning 80, couldn't remember their first names. If you can PM me with Jim's info, I'll do the follow up when I get back from my Christmas trip to PA.

10. bustingear

bustingear

Just ran into a guy who bought some rims from me and said he was a Trotter. His name is Elvin. I can hook you up if you need. He wnt to Bonniville with a team back in the day.

11. Douglasmotorcars

Douglasmotorcars
    from Kentucky

My name is Victor Williams, my father was Larry Williams a founding member of the Columbus Ohio Trotters Club. I would like to track down those pictures. Can you help me.

12. booboo

booboo
    1. oHIo

Try to find a guy named BILLY MADOX .I think he still has the willy truck, the 35 truck and live in the north east of columbus. Also Joe Patton was part of this groupe but maybe not a member.....

13. gasbag

gasbag

Have a couple of shots of Trotters dragster taken at West Salem, Ohio in
    the spring of 1961- please check in at - quartermileclassics.wordpress.com - for those and many other photos.

14. vegaseric

vegaseric
    from Las Vegas

My dad, James Valentine, was a member of the Trotters. (still has his club jacket!) He did a lot of the wrench work. Here are a few pics from the August 1960 issue of Hod Rod mentioned previously. (my dad is behind the dragster, on the left)

Attached Files:

15. 296ardun

296ardun

[​IMG]

Another picture of the Trotter's dragster, from the George Klass collection

16. vegaseric

vegaseric
    from Las Vegas

That is a great shot... I'll try to dig up more pictures once I make it back to Columbus this spring. My dad is still around, but he suffers from dementia and is residing in a assisted living facility.