Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri Power Valve?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by spark, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Question about the Rochester 2G power valves.
    If you are deleting the power-valves on the secondary’s, do you just remove the spring and piston parts or do you also remove power valve and plug were it screws in on the carb body?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2011
  2. If you pull out the power valve piston, you will have to block off the vacuum. If you remove the power valve you will have to find a plug that will seal off the hole. I would just remove the rod and spring. That way the piston seals the vacuum and the power valve seals the hole in the bowl.

3. 26 roadster

26 roadster

you can use a 5/16-24x1/2 to plug the power valve hole. allen head

4. tri power kits like the one from Speedway come with gutted and solder-filled power valves that screw into the stock threads.

Factory tri power bases have no vacuum hole in the power valve well, or any threads.

5. You might try leaving the piston down (valve open) and plugging the vacuum to it.
    You're going to have to jet the carbs up anyway, without a p/v .
    I assume you are making a 3x2 setup with progressive linkage, so you'll only use the end carbs WFO anyway.

6. yes I see the hole if the piston is removed-

[​IMG]

Yes I will be going for a progressive linkage.

Speedway kit is a bit spendy and I'm time rich and cash poor.
    I will be having a go at converting the stock plates, using the thicker butterflies and lapping them in with valve grinding paste, I will also delete all the holes in the base except the three that hold the carb body onto the base and the ones that bolt the carb to the intake.

if I end up getting aftermarket ones-
    http://www.pontiactripower.com/shop/1959-1966_End_Carb_Throttlebod/ .

this setup will be going on a 283 sbc / 2sd power glide.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  7. tmoble

tmoble

How many sizes do you have to jet up disabling the PV on a 2GC? On a typical Holley it usually ends up 8 or 10.

8. I suppose you could figure it out by disassembling the p/v ,measuring the hole area , minus the pin area , then add half that amount to each jet. That's just to get back to baseline. You'll probably need to go a little richer though.

9. rjones35

rjones35

I know I'm coming in late on this thread, but I'm thinking I can use jb weld and seal up the stock power valve and put it back in. Then what do I do with the vent valve? Can I just cut the bottom off and remove the spring and call it good??