Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tri-Power Linkage

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AKGrouch, Aug 28, 2015.

1. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Anyone know who is currently making and offering a good quality tri-power ball bearing progressive linkage for a Chev Rochester set up on a sbc tri-power linkage.jpg with the throttle on the driver side and the fuel inlet on the right side? I can't stand the archaic setup I have now as it is sticky, fussy, and a pain in the arse. I want something that works real smooth.

2. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Well now. I can't believe that there is no one making a quality ball bearing linkage like I'm looking for.

BTT

3. linechaser32

linechaser32
    from Iowa

Try Hotrodcarbs.com. 406-453-5395

4. derpr

derpr

5. Paul

Paul
    Editor

you can build your own kit too,
    Midwest Control Products has a good assortment of ends,
    arms are available through several sources, socal, hotrod carburetion, vintage speed...

I bought a kit from realrodder on ebay,
    nice stuff but not cheap

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Contact Uncle Max here on the hamb.

7. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Thanks for the info guys. I really appreciate it. Unfortunately it looks like I'm gonna have to get one of the kits to convert my end carbs from 2GC's to 2G's as right now I have 3 primary 2GC's on the Offy manifold. Anyone dealt with Tri-Power Carburetion on Ebay and located in Missouri? I might contact Vintagespeed in Florida. I like the kit that Hotrodcarbs has, especially the linkage, but they jacked the prices up today from yesterday by $95.00 and don't sell the linkage separate.!

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  8. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Our Base Plates & Progressive Linkage prices haven't changed in 20 years... Basic Kit is still $595.... Master Builder Kit is still $795... Give me a call if I can help... 406-453-5395 - 9am-5pm - M-F

9. Nick O

Nick O
    from Ohio

Hot Rod Carbs I have talked to Larry several times, he has always been extremely helpful. I purchased the Master Builders Kit from Larry and could not be happier.

57tailgater likes this.
  10. hudson48

hudson48

Just posted a query on my front carb suddenly leaking fuel at idle and just pouring in with butterflys closed.
    Not using the throttle at all and just using the centre carb only for start and idle.
    Maybe float level or needle and seat? I will try to call Larry but it is daytime here and night time at his place.

11. Larry Fulton

Larry Fulton

Yes... Since there is no fuel at the base plate / throttle blades... The fuel is coming out of the bowl some how... I'd look at the condition of both the Needle & Seat... I'd suggest not using the wire needle retainer that attaches to both the needle and the float... I'd make sure the Seat is tight into the air horn... I'd make sure the float isn't leaking taking on fuel... I'd look at the Cluster Gaskets... don't forget the fiber gasket under the center screw over sized head... Lastly I'd look at the void in the bowl casting, between the cluster and bowl... While rare, I have seen small pinholes in here (caused by water sitting) which lets fuel transfer from the bowl to the venturi bores of the carbs which looks like a bad needle & seat or float.