Register now to get rid of these ads!

tri power for 289 question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by burninbilly, Feb 21, 2009.

1. burninbilly

burninbilly

hey cats or kittens:

i have a question.I have a 28 tudor sedan im going to build and i want to keep it all ford(no small block chevy).I want to run a 289 with a tripower.
    Is there a manifold that has three two barrel carbs for the 289 or one with six carbs.if so what makes and so on

2. GreaserTats

GreaserTats

Edelbrock makes one under the part number F289. I have used one in the past and it worked well. PAW used to sell em.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2009
  3. solid

solid

i dont know about 6 aces, but i know a couple of companys made 3 duece intakes. 289 in a model a, cool. i am gonna run one in my pickemup.

4. burninbilly

burninbilly

what are the companies,sweet 64 falcon i had one just got rid of it

5. solid

solid

Factory ford(hard to find), edelbrock still makes one i think. Blue thunder makes a repro of the original, you can get one through www.cobranda.com (not cheap). Hope this helps.

6. burninbilly

burninbilly

7. The only currently produced 3x2 is the Blue Thunder piece; they also make a slightly different version labeled Holman-Moody, but it's the same, functionally, as the regular 3x2.

Edelbrock no longer makes the 3x2 SBF intake, but there's always the swaps & eBay.

8. eric15739

eric15739
    from Detroit

I just looked into this to put a tri power on my 302. That blue thunder intake is expensive. You can get it from moon for $435.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

http://www.mooneyesusa.com/Store/product_info.php?cPath=188_77&products_id=891<o:p></o:p>

This intake is for 4 bolt carburetors though and depending on if you are going to use 94s or 97s then you will need to also get adapters. I was using 94s on mine and decided to get the vintage speed 4 barrel to tri power adapter. This adapter is $160 and can be drilled for 3 or 4 bolt carburetors when ordered. I then painted the adapter plate and my intake gloss black to make it look like one piece. I'm happy with the look and it was cheaper than the blue thunder intake. I attached some pictures. <o:p></o:p>

Attached Files:

9. 63Compact

63Compact

I run a f100 injection manifold lower half with a 3x2 plenumn on top and run 3x 94's. Its like a hi rise tri power manifold, send a pm to X38 as his mate in Oz was making them. Photobucket wont let me in pm if ya want some pics and I'll email em.

10. burninbilly

burninbilly

11. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

12. solid

solid

good call, how do you not think holman moody? Man i'm a dummy. They got some cool stuff on that website.

13. hmmm....;)

14. guys, i have a ford tri power intake listed in the classifieds. its the blue thunder repro that includes the adapters to use strombergs. do a search parts for sale

15. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

man these things are alot of cash

16. V7

V7

Barry Grant makes a complete manifold/carb combo that pulls numbers on the dyno that nearly match any induction system.Summit has this set-up,but it is expensive.
    Steve (V7)

17. mow too much

mow too much

Eric, where did you get your vintage speed tri-power adapter from? Thanks Bruce

18. Jalopy Jim

Jalopy Jim

I've got the blue thunder intake, and using three Autolite 2100' . The Autolite airhorns have to be machined to fit the intake/ Factory air cleaner as their base fit a standard 4 barrell carb air cleaner and is two wide.

19. Tech @ BG

Tech @ BG

As mentioned we do offer a complete tri-power set up for the 289. We are also dyno testing our new AeroRam intake for the SBF as we speak and hopefully mid year will be releasing it and it will be avaialble with our Demon 98's in configurations of 3 , 4 or 6 .

20. eric15739

eric15739
    from Detroit

You can get the vintage speed adapter from Charlie Price's Vintage Speed web page. Go to
    http://www.vintagespeed.com/
    then go to the onlin catalog at the bottom of the page
    Select: Fuel Lines-Blocks-Carb Adapters