Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri power air cleaner suggestions

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buddy67Lincoln, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

I have a tri power set up for my '67 Lincoln 462. Its a MEL engine, but thats not important. The carbs are Holly 2300s with the 5 1/8" neck diameter just like a 4 barrel. I need some suggestions for individual carb air cleaners that might work. The only ones I noticed that might have a chance are the mid 50's Corvette dual quad individual air cleaners with the louvers. I cannot find any online and if you know of any store selling them...let me know! Also, any other alternatives for separate air cleaners for trips with the large neck size would be great. I do not want one large oval air cleaner like you see on the Ford 390/427s. They are nice but too race looking for this project. Probably will end up making my own thing but thought I would ask here first. I like the old school look so separate cleaners is the look I am going for. Here is the intake and carbs for a visual (you can see how close the carb necks are but something out there should work). Thanks a lot! If you can talk me out of it...go for it, there is a few nice finned ovals out there. The car might be hoodless so something a little shiny would be nice.

Things I've found:
    6-3/8" diameter air cleaners with the 5-1/8" neck but they would hit each other and need
    some cutting. This might be what the 50's Corvette dual quad air cleaners are??? More
    space between dual 4s than 3x2s.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2008
  2. How rare are those carbs?

Maybe you could sell/trade them for the 2300's with the "D" shaped air horns and then run something like these:rolleyes:

Dennis

Attached Files:

3. Last edited: Oct 17, 2008
  4. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

That is nice! I saw those cleaners but did not ever see them being that nice with paint and all! My car's a box anyways so they would fit in just fine. Thanks for the idea!

5. KCCOS

KCCOS
    from KC

6. Buddy67Lincoln

Buddy67Lincoln

Thanks a lot. I did not see anything on the site but asked if they have something or will be working on it. The necks are just too close I think to have anything but a 1 piece. These are 2 barrel necks the size of a 4 barrel so its tight just about neck touching neck in my case. Thanks again