Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Tri Five Saddle color interiors

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by harleycontracter, Jun 18, 2016.

1. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Like to see some saddle color interiors in a tri 5 Trying to finalize my interior color in my Nomad

2. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Here we go again:D........you may be labeled a 90s street rodder or something else for choosing saddle.
    but anyway....do as you please unless you wouldn't consider an original type interior, black or white, tuck and roll or low back 60s bucket seats, only if your not going with the bench, I would recommend the bench if you have it.

....I will see if I can dig something up.

Got any pics of your car or care to share what color it is?

scotty t and gotta56forme like this.
  3. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

All the cars I put together i try to get correct for the period . Looking for a 60' period correct on this build, Roll and pleat interior the exterior is black on my Nomad single stage Centari.Keeping the original front bench and rear seat. I was considering a deep burgundy also. But really like the saddle color

4. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

You might be bold and try some classic looking plaid or something to go with it???[​IMG]
    or get creative with some color combos cloth/vinyl, or vinyl/vinyl (leather?)in a factory pattern and or period style cloth etc. or actual factory matched stuff.
    [​IMG]
    Black/saddle or reverse.[​IMG]
    ....or one of your standard tuck and roll "patterns"........with maybe some different color piping or not, sometimes less is more ???
    [​IMG]
    .....may not be anything here that just knocks you out but I told you I would try to dig up something so here ya go................its at least a bump anyway.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2016

5. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

6. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Heres a truck but anyway, kind of like the detail of the inserts.??? or maybe only saddle color carpeting and door inserts with black seats??? check your mail.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  7. I too think the original style, or tuck & roll interiors look best in the tri-fives. Food for thought: Ciadella Interiors does wonderful original interiors, AND... you can mix & match fabrics to create your own spin on an original interior. Example: I know a guy who built a '55 2dr sedan painted black who had a '55 Delray interior stitched up in black & gray/silver vinyl as opposed to the original black & white vinyl. Result was a stock interior with a color twist. Another example is... I've seen a couple '56 styled interiors which used the '57 Belair 'cloud' cloth in them. I don't know for certain that those were Ciadella sewn, but you get the idea.

I don't think those peanut butter colored interiors ever look right in a tri-five - my two cents.

8. Local guy did tan leather in his sedan. 15 to 18 k in the interior. Still looks plain. The convertible stitched pattern looks great in the tri fives. Delay is close first also.