Register now to get rid of these ads!

tri-five fenderwell headers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1320/150, Feb 23, 2010.

1. 1320/150

1320/150

I just found this set of headers off of e-bay. I got them for a very reasonable price. They are in great shape I noticed they both do not dump out the same. They are hooker super comp's. I would think they are somewhat reputable. They don't appear to be damaged. Driver side comes down a little more towards the earth. The passenger side comes down a little more towards the fender. Am I just down to heating them up and tweaking them or is it a common issue and should I just leave them alone?
    [​IMG]

2. Butch M

Butch M

I got a new set and they are the same way......

Attached Files:

3. Butch M

Butch M

I heated mine up but they are not painted yet made them look a little better...:D

4. 1320/150

1320/150

I just put some white paint on mine to see what they would look like white. I plan on coating them when I am finished with fab.. Where did you heat yours up? I was figuring right around the 90 degree turn?

5. I bought the same headers new and am extremely disappointed in the look and I have not even tried them yet. It sounds like I will run into the same problem. They came to me looking like someone took a set of headers that had been laying around for a long time with surface rust and painted them flat black over the rust then welded the super comp oval on. Bought them through MAS Racing, now out of business. Hooker or Holley wants me to send them for evaluation at my expense for shipping both ways, about 80 more bucks tied up. I posted a thread about this a while back and people responded with the same problem. Said they ended up selling them on e-bay for half the price. I guess I will check the fit, correct it, and have them coated instead of eating the shipping. I am also considering a set of Doug's or Patriots. One question, I thought all Hooker Super Comps had the small stamped in hearts going around the collectors? My set doesn't which lends me to believe I'd been hoodwinked by MAS, I also can see vise clamp marks in the tubes:eek:.

6. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Is your engine in the stock location (i now you did a straight axle) what is the cleance between tubes and firewall. I set my engine back 1 1/2" and i dont think the hookers will clear for me.

7. 5Wcoupe

5Wcoupe
    from L.A., Ca.

8. Mac_55

Mac_55

Great to see they worked for ya 1320.

9. 1320/150

1320/150

10. 1320/150

1320/150

Thanks for spotting those for me!! For the price I paid I am thrilled!! One more step closer to gasserville!!:)

11. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

I have the super comp. also mine are 1'' lower on the left side also. Mine have a three bolt collector flange no hearts Ron

12. I have a Rat motor and after readin and looking at headers, think I will have Steve Rogers, Mor Powers Muffler,Guthrie OK. build a custom set, more money for sure but that is a item I want correct with no regrets.........Any of you have custom headers? Pics..?

13. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

I have a set of Super Comps as well. Now I gotta check mine today and see. I'll post my findings....
    Ray

14. Butch M

Butch M

hey Johnny mine is in the stock location and we did heat at about the 90degre location .....

15. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Just noticed while cleaning out folder that i forgot to thank you for answer. Thanks

16. ponchopowerd

ponchopowerd

i have seen the same ishue on a customers car, luckly the set i have on my oldsmobile are originals that my uncle ran back when the craze started so there even

17. You're not alone. I have the big tube (I think 2 1/4 inch) Hooker Super Comps for the big block in my 57 but mine are the chassis type. Fit is terrible, several pipes had to be beat on to make them clear the stock steering box and control arm bolts. For the kind of $$$ Hooker gets for a set of these headers I expected a bit more. I can live with the flat black paint but the overall fit is absolutely unacceptable.

18. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Just gote mine down outta the rafters of my garage and bolted em on to see. And guess what? They dump just like yours do..

19. Any chance the difference is due to the fact that the right side cylinder head sits further back on the engine block?

20. dorf

dorf
    from ohio

i have a 49 olds with a small block chevy these headers look like they would work on my olds has anyone used them in a non stock application. sorry didnt mean to hijack your thread just thought i could get some info.