Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Tri-five Chevy guys, do these look like drop spindles?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mr. Sinister, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister

Hey guys, these are the spindles that came on my 55 when I bought it 13 years ago. I have raised the entire car with new rear leafs and overload spring shocks, and threw a set of 57 HD springs up front with ball joint spacers for clearance. Looking at these spindles, they appear to be offset towards the top. Do they look like drop spindles to you? If they are, they’re getting replaced with stock height pieces to lift the nose. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. squirrel

squirrel

stock spindles are forged, skinny, and don't have a caliper bracket built in. Yeah, they're dropped, as well as being aftermarket.

rockable and Mr. Sinister like this.
  3. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister

Thanks. Looks like I’m getting new spindles then!! I was wondering why I didn’t get more lift out of those springs.

4. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Why in the heck the aftermarket has't caught onto the fact some of us want a car to be LIFTED, not lowered. Forget the straight axles, that make your car ride like a truck the axle was taken from. The ride can still be rather soft and acceptable, and still be raised up some. Come one China, hear our need! We want them UP, not DOWN!
    I am Butch/56sedandelivery.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    427 sleeper and Mr. Sinister like this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods

Because that's like 12 of you.

57 Fargo and Fordors like this.
  6. Mr. Sinister

Mr. Sinister

Man you got it. I’ve seen custom spindles that have been cut and welded to create a lift spindle, but I’m a little wary of them.

7. Here's a start up kit.
    [​IMG]