Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Buick/Oldsmobiles 54-55-56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Feb 24, 2010.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I got the thread started, but my Olds keeps changing. Here's the latest................
    [​IMG]

Chucky likes this.
  2. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Change up keeps your car from getting boring...........right?

[​IMG]

3. sir woosh, your olds is bad ass man. as a former owner of a 56 i have a soft spot for these.

4. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

here's my 56 currently......................john

Attached Files:

5. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

The Olds is looking good J54!

First time I've seen the 55 bar fit into the 56 bumper and it looks rad custom for stock parts.......

Nice Job!

6. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

thanks man, i like the whites on your car now........................john

7. All i can say is WOW. that looks reallllllllly good. love the colors. looks great! love the three tone

8. TheDozer

TheDozer

Great thread!!!
    Welp, picked up this 55 special yesterday. So had to show it.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348374022.775602.jpg Got a ways to go but that's the fun part.
    (don't worry the wheels on it are goin bye-bye)
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348373897.161698.jpg

9. Cratethis

Cratethis
    from N. Ky.

I'll keep the thread going. Here is my 55 Olds...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hey Crate! Thanks for sharing and caring to keep another cool 55 Olds on the road!

11. DualQuad55

DualQuad55
    from NH

Ok, No pics from me. But I did just pull a decent running 401 out of a 66 Electra to replace the wornout, oil burner 401 that is in my 55 Special 2dr! Havent driven it much at all in past 4 yrs do to engine smoke. But will be able to cruise it some again by spring (maybe this fall if the weather holds off.)
    Still need to swap my heads, intake, a rear sump pan and pickup etc. into this stock lower end. Parts/gaskets should be in this week.

Danger-that 4dr hdtp is sweet! I have one that is a parts car right now which I pulled the nose off when I crashed the 2dr. I hope to someday get it up and running as a car for my daughter. I only have 6 yrs and it is the third car in line. Hope I can get it done in time!

This thread keeps me going on mine when I start loosing focus-thanks.

12. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Just checking to see if anymore tri-five BOPs have come on board.

Seems like a whole lotta people are signing up and wanted to keep the BOPs coming..............

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I just picked up a wonderful 54 88 hardtop coupe. Will post photos very soon, if I remember!

14. Thanks for inviting the old Indians too.

Here's my 56..Original 316 / Hydro.
    Added HEI, alternator, duals, Flowmasters
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  15. Having graduated in 66, and having a father who always drove GM products, I've had a ton of 54-57 Olds/Pontiacs and one 55 buick.
    My 2nd car was a red and white 56 Olds 98 convertible I drove in high school. Folks owned a yellow and white 55 olds super 88. ONe day I, my neighbor and classmate drove both cars out to the "strip", a long straight stretch on the old hiway and busted 'em off. The folks' 55 super 88 4 door ran off and left my 56 convertible because of differences in transmissions between the 2 cars. The 55 had a 202 HP engine, slant pan "bang-shift" hydro and almost 1000 LBS less weight and the heavy 56, 98 had the jetaway tranny with the 240 HP engine. The 55 leaped out to a 2 car lead and held it through the entire 1/4 mile. If we'd gone for top speed, I truly believe my 56 would have won.
    I eventually broke the convertible's jetaway and put the strong engine in a 50 ford with a tranny adapter. Couldn't count the ford 3 speeds that bit the dust on that old 50 ford. Man, that 56, 324 engine was a strong runner!
    Classmate Jim Dunnigan had a red and cream 56 super 88 2 door hardtop that was not only gorgeous but really fast! Had the 240 HP, 4 barrel-dual exhaust engine, early slant-pan hydro and showed it's pointy tailights to many 55-57 chevys.
    Had another buddy who drove a 56 Pontiac chieftain, the cheap [and light] two door hardtop with the 4 barrel 316... He almost always beat my folk's 55 super 88 but if he ever busted-off with Dunnigan's 88, it would have been a helluva race.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2012
  16. davidh73750

davidh73750

well its a 57 buick but I'm going to try to go after it

Attached Files:

17. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

[​IMG]

for Jerry...Sir Woosh!

This is a one-owner car that spent its entire life in California and Kansas. About as good as they get.

18. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Rocky. I sure know what you mean about the quick 55 Olds with the air cooled 4 speed hydro.

Was coming away from a cruise in on a dual lane and eased up alongside a friend. I punched it to show off and the linkage bound wide open. Tried lifting the pedal and it just popped off the ball it's pressed on. The car is flying like the space shuttle really barking the tires on each shift and I'm reaching down trying to get hold of the linkage on the floor. Finally grabbed it and pulled it up in time to get stopped before the red light. My friend finally pulled up and asked, ARE YOU NUTS ? I said no, but the car is....................... Got the bind fixed easy, but couldn't resist going back out and ripping it some more just to see how it felt while under control.

For a stock 4 door hardtop that's butt low with a continental kit, it's impressive. And they hold up too as I know of another that went over 300K miles and only had a timing chain change at 200K to be safe. Was still going strong after that when it went elsewhere.

Yep, I see them as quick fancy tanks!

Attached Files:

19. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

I apolgize if this has already been posted. Here's the car from the movie W.W. and the Dixie Dancekings

[​IMG]

20. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Where can I get a copy of that movie???????

21. Clik

Clik

Our 56 Olds 324 Rocket 88

Clik Maryland

Attached Files:

22. Ill add to this one again, i found these pictures in another thread and love it. Would like to find more pictures of the roof if anyone has any.

[​IMG]

23. bobbytnm

bobbytnm

24. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

Thanks but that amazon was the book :(

25. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

My 54

Attached Files: