Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Buick/Oldsmobiles 54-55-56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Feb 24, 2010.

1. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

more pics, the Interior and engine (455) are the good car.
    You cant see the oil under the car.
    The rusty one, Is supposed to be next...,Gasser?...Vintage stock car?(street legal) I dont know.
    The rust in the picture is the worst part, surprise! the floors are good!...??

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 2, 2010
  2. That poor little rusty hardtop...

3. metalmike13

metalmike13
    from Glass City

Here are a couple pics of mine. 54 Olds super 88 more door.

Attached Files:

4. robertsregal

robertsregal

Yes I agree the oldsmobile-Buicks have a stand alone style and stance!!!
    We upgraded to a 1962 401 445 torque and some mild custom features like the recessed lincoln door buttons. The car is now running and moving as we rebuilt the dynaflo,new wiring harness hoping 2012 brings red with black lower section paint.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  5. ecna

ecna

Here's mine. The pic is as I bought it. Obviously new paint, but needs a bunch of work. I'm currently working on fixing some rust under the rear seat and at the back of the trunk. Next up is a rear swap... probably going with the truck arms. I'm not sure of the engine / trans yet. I'd like to go with a 401/700R4, but the nailhead might be a little costly. It will definitely be a Buick though.

Attached Files:

6. robertsregal

robertsregal

Yes I agree these Buick-Oldsmobiles rock with Style and Stance, cant wait to have one in the drivable condition. It's happening maybe by summers end in 2010, Seeing all the pics makes this old dog smile!

Attached Files:

7. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

sorry wasnt thinking................

8. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

Avatar is under the hood Stutz, I guess its pretty on the inside... Does motivate quite well! Its the original 324 bored 4" with 57 pistons now its 346" custom cam by Ross (Ross Racing Engines) Goatroper02's dad, (really good people to talk to about rocket performance BTW)
    My favorite part of this story is the rochesters I'm running came from my Uncle Gene's street-racer 51' Mercury which was powered by a 324 with 57" heads and J2 manifold/carbs. He regrets selling that car 50ish years ago but he does still own/drive his 55" 88 hardtop all original even with a stickshift...

I'm very excited now that I've found my "holy grail" Isky adj. rockers! Hopefully this week I'll be runnin' solid lifters.

9. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Hey Stutz!
    You mentioned about the center glove box design of the Olds. Worked for me in the way you mentioned. Radio/Disc player hidden in the glove box. Was lucky enough to have a radio delete car to begin with. Need to wire the later Olds column in and put a matching knob in place of the original ignition. Little by little.

Attached Files:

10. mckustoms

mckustoms

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. PhoenixFear

PhoenixFear

I love the way these look, I've been looking around for a Buick or Olds equivalent Tri-5. Mainly been looking for a Poncho but I love the look of the Olds and Buicks as well.

12. that there is a primo Rocket. qudos my friend. I want one.

13. mckustoms

mckustoms

14. Wow I didnt even know there was a radio delete option. smooth set up for sure.

15. Is it just me or are these series in a 2dr post one of the hardest cars to chop, while keeping them not looking butchered. I think so. I have only seen a few and while they look good some of the flow is missing.

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Found this one on Carnut. Tricky to chop, I'm sure. There's a yellow pie cut 56 kicking around too. Just can't locate it right now....... Tossed in a hardtop too.

Attached Files:

17. BuickBorracho

BuickBorracho

Here's another
    [​IMG]

18. Low-n-Broke

Low-n-Broke

19. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Nice rides Low n Broke and Buick Borracho. Welcome to the thread! Thanks for sharing! Check a little further back, there's a club for our 54 thru 56 Buick and Oldsmobiles now............. Join in...........

Attached Files:

20. 56oldsDarrin

56oldsDarrin

Mine was a radio delete car too, manual steering and brakes

21. Damn... I feel really left out since I didnt know they had that then. i kinda wish mine was now because I hate that useless bastard in the middle of my dash.

22. Was this your car when you got it?

23. Clik

Clik

[​IMG]
    The wife's 56 Rocket 88 stuck in the front yard of our Southern Maryland home.

24. Clik

Clik

I guess cut and paste doesn't work with pics here. How do I post pics?

25. belair

belair

My 55 Buick came with a radio delete.

26. If they are on your harddrive go advanced and attach with the paperclip. If there is a web link use the insert image and copy image link and paste it in the pop up window.... dont know if that made sense at all.

27. Wow apparently I am the only guy with a radio... haha

28. belair

belair

at least working one...

29. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

Few pics of a Buick I sold a while back :confused: I think it is for sale again. :confused:

Attached Files: