Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five Buick/Oldsmobiles 54-55-56

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sir Woosh, Feb 24, 2010.

1. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Here is mine...54 Olds...

Attached Files:

2. yeah my dream cars are a 56 olds convertible and a 57 buick special! i love seeing these much more than tri five chevys!

3. AHHH DAMN it wont enlarge that picture.

4. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

The pics of the 56 wreck are in my first album on my profile. It enlarges there. Still hurts to look at it. Very cool 56 Elanore!
    Even though it's a year beyond the tri-five 54-56 period, here's a pic of my 57 Super 88 Olds. All original including paint. Even still had the braided ground strap on the battery and the wire hose clamps. Only had 46 k when I got it. Someone asked how I got such a nice original car? I said I bought it from some old man. They looked at me and said, "some old man still owns it" Gee thanks!

Attached Files:

5. wow that is hard to look at...

6. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Along with the cool body style of these cars, the engines were a hot rodders favorite. Even if one of these cars was wrecked and in the yard, the cars still live on in other rods.

Picked up a fresh 324 for my hardtop off ebay from a shop that was closing up for retirement. They were selling a pair of completely fresh built 55 Olds 324's that were even painted in the right factory colors. Picked up the pair for $610 as there was no reserve and had to be picked up.

Just over an hour away and the guy set them in the bed of my truck with a forklift. Even tossed in an engine stand cheap. Dropped one off at a friends house that sold me the hardtop and headed home with my new $305 engine. Inspection proved that it was built right with all new bolts and plenty of lube for proper start up. Only thing needed was my distributor with a Pertronix upgrade and my 4bbl. carb.

My batwing air cleaner was coming apart at the spot welds in front, so I released the front baffle and put a grille in to grab more air into the monster paper filter. I bought the car in running condition about 8 years ago with the continental kit for $900. Though not quite as cheap, the same people have several more 55 Oldsmobiles they will be selling when the snow melts. I'll be getting pretty crowded if I buy anymore, but it's tempting...........

Attached Files:

7. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

so glad to see this thread. I just picked up a 54 2-door last week, it seems like these cars are pretty hard to come by. Does anyone know some good parts suppliers especially performance parts for the original 324? Or just all around restoration parts houses? Ive been watching ebay and the HAMB classifieds like a hawk!

8. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

www.fusick.com ........ www.usapartssupply.com these guys will have some reso parts your looking for......54's are kinda hard to find. there are a lot less of them around, at least that ive seen. i like those myself. good luck with the car and if u need any helpdrop me a line..............john

9. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

^^^^^Thanks for the help...very much appreciated^^^^^

10. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Check out Goatroper02 on here too. He's into Oldsmobile performance and has several sites in his profile..............

11. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

^^Thanks, sent a PM^

12. I borrowed these of Riksters Site...
    [​IMG]
    Dennis Reinero 56 Olds 88
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    All I can say about this one is wow. this is a chop!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Lore Sharp's Sectioned 56 Buick
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank God for Rikster's Site

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Do you think I like Oldsmobiles and Buicks?

14. Damn I really like that 55 olds 2dr post. Alot... is it for sale? :D

15. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

yup, PM me if you are seriously interested...factory stick shift car.

16. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

that's funny my 56 has the same back glass!:confused:

17. wow thats cool... who knew. obviously not me!

18. Sent pm.

19. sacredsteel1

sacredsteel1

saw this in a magazine years ago and never forgot about it

Attached Files:

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Bullet man. You either have a clever custom. The rarest Buick of all, or a title issue. Google or search 1956 Buick. No trace of any ever being made with that 3 piece rear window. I actually saw a 58 Impala roof grafted onto a 55 Chevy once. Messed with a lot of peoples minds. Couldn't see the other features on your car as I couldn't enlarge the pic, but that's definately a 57 roof on your Buick...........

21. hotrodj54

hotrodj54

this thread is great....just figured id add that..........................john

22. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

Good stuff goin here!! Thanks for the thread!

23. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

My 54 Super 88 factory manual trans

Attached Files:

24. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Cool sedan Bosco. Let's see some pics of yours Nailheadroadster! Good luck on the bumper. Got up near 50 here in the East today. Just had to go cruisin. Just got the carb back on it last night and wanted to test it out.

For those of you that might do the hot rod thing, if you can sacrifice your heater boxes, the vents make a great hidden cowl induction. Yeah, I know.. Not exactly traditional, but the hood is closed when I'm driving anyway and I can feel the difference. The birdcatcher scoop is just a fancy air box, but it's a back up too if I push the air ducts off during rain.

Attached Files:

25. Yep love this thread... got a four post car lift in my shop yesterday... its gunna make finishing what I got left on my 54 buick a hell of a lot easier. :D

26. Bullet Man

Bullet Man

yep your right i installed a 57 buick roof and trunk on my 56 awhile back. i have pics in my albums here an the hamb.

27. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Way to go Bullet Man! Another mind bender like the 58 Impala roof car I mentioned on the 55. Fun to mess with minds, ain't it?
    Knew another one where a guy turned a late 50's Ford hardtop convertible into an Edsel with the same feature. Probably easier to do than what you had to deal with..........
    Needless to say, I'm impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sir Woosh

28. Those are like the Buicks from the same year... cool as shit and way under-rated. love it!

29. 3x2rocket

3x2rocket

Here's mine sir whoosh

Attached Files: