Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-5 guys....55 chevy conv. cowl

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Gold, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Old Gold

Old Gold

I hate doing a WIW thread but need some help on this one. Just did a large barn pick of parts and included was a complete Cowl for a 55 Chevy convertible (I will get pics up soon).
    Basically its a complete cutoff, firewall, dash, windshield frame with stainless(still has windshield in it), door posts w/hinges and sill has the pedals in it.
    Trim tag is still on it but no vin.
    It is fairly clean, some rust thru on the firewall and at the below the bottom door hinges.
    I have absolutely no idea as to the value, but plan on selling it and need an idea of value.
    I know pics help, I will get them loaded in a few hours

2. Squablow

Squablow

The cowls are all the same and if it's got rust at the bottom of the door hinges it's probably not even worth saving.

But what is valuable is the trim around the windshield inside and out, and the actual pillar piece that wraps around the windshield (the frame), as those are convertible only parts. Also the dash is valuable if you cut it out in one piece.

I would think if you sold the dash as one unit, the windshield frame as one, and all the windshield trim as one on eBay, you'd get $1000 or more by the time you're done. But nobody is going to want to ship a complete, rusty cowl that they can get from a 4 door, so you're much, much better off to sell it in pieces.