Register now to get rid of these ads!

Treaded Piecrust tire question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by gasolinescream, Sep 22, 2012.

1. gasolinescream

gasolinescream

I'm after some advice if possible with regard to treaded piecrust tire sizes. I'm toying with various ideas for next project and tires are now becoming the concern.

Ideally i'd like to be running a cheater slick style piecrust tire but as it will be street driven i can't see me getting far past the law with semi slick tires. So, although as slight compromise i'd be looking at a similar piecrust style but a treaded tire for road use and a pair of slicks for the track. This isn't a serious racer , more for shits and giggles every now and then.

The issue i have is that the rims i'd be using would be 15 x 6's and i'm not sure if there is a narrow(ish) treaded tire that would be okay on a 6" rim. I wouldn't want too tall a tire either. Maybe i'm looking for the type of size used on many sedan type cars where there isn't a lot of room under the fenders?

Is anyone running a pair of narrower piecrust tires or can point me in the right direction please?

The cars a 50's Volvo PV should it matter.

Thanks in advance:cool:

edit...... noticed this thread but still interested in info on narrower piecrusts.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=698081

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012