Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traveling Top chops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hammerndollie, Apr 4, 2007.

1. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

I am planning a road trip this fall with a vintage travel trailer, and was thinking of ways to get by on the road, when my old man suggested a "House Call" top chop service. I got to thinking about it and really liked this idea. I thought I would throw it out there and see what everyone thought. I have pics of previous chops completed incuding a 26 T coupe 10", a 31 tudor 8", another 31 tudor 5" plus shortened 7.5"(pictured below), 51 chevy sedan, and a couple 39 chevy trucks. Prices would be reasonable, and finished products slick. All I would need is a place to do it, maybe a little beer, and directions to the closest titty bar. Let me know what you all think. Thanks

2. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

More pics available, these are just the ones on hand.

Attached Files:

3. glenn33

glenn33
    from Browns, IL

Sounds like a great idea...pm me your number or address so we can talk.
    Glenn

4. Dirk35

Dirk35

I think Ill be the 1st on your list if the current deal I have in the works doesnt work out.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Zoar, Ohio

I bet you'd have lots of work. Good idea. I'd think the traveling expenses with all your equipment all over the country is going to kill ya. Good luck!

6. wvenfield

wvenfield

I wish you luck. Sounds like a wonderful idea if you can get it going. If I had something I wanted chopped I'd be happy to let you plug in, in my driveway and provide electricity, a hot shower now and then, beer and the titty bar is 10 minutes away. (full nudity in Wv)

7. DrJ

DrJ

"The Top Tinkers"

Tinkers, as in the original definition of journeymen metal workers.

An honorable if not anacronistic enterpise.

Go for it, and fare well! :cool:

8. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Can you chop a VW?

9. BellM needs his 50 Ford sedan chopped.

10. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

Will you be travelling through Texas??? San Antonio that is???
    1954 Buick, Special, I'm bored with the current look...
    Depending on the price I of course...

11. Sean

Sean

Tinker is also Irish slang for a Pikey or Gypsy...

12. Doc22

Doc22

Sounds like a great idea. Love to see some more shots of your work. If you're headin out So.Cal. way let us know.

13. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Well boys, you just set a good idea into motion! I'm glad to see there is a good call for it! I would be willing to travel just about anywhere as long as the temp doesn't drop below 65 degrees! So it looks like San Antonio don't sound too bad!! Anybody in the Keys?!?! Haha. feel free to pm me with your location and what's to be chopped. I will get back to you all. later

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

If you come to the North East I'll give you some cash for some of your airbag stuff... by that time I'll probably be ready for to build my chassis.

15. guiseart

guiseart

Road trip? Hell, you could actually make a pretty good living at it if you planned it right... travel, sightsee, chop, get paid, drink, see titties, lose money, start all over.

16. 1Bad67

1Bad67

Portland has more 'clubs' per capita than anywhere else in this great land :), and I have a '29 pickumup that's too tall.
    Eric

17. 81ttopcoupe

81ttopcoupe
    from Cedar Park

Austin, TX, 38 Ford PU. All roads lead to the Yellow Rose :) .

18. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

If you wanna Start in Northern KY, were not to far from each other, I've got a 54 Bel-Air 2 door sedan, dying to be chopped, I'm doing a 49 Pick-up now but the 54 seems to be a bit much for me know.I've got a 2 car garage, 220 volt Hobart Handler, one hell of a home based shop.(previous Bike builder by trade would make a great helper), also the lod lady is a hell of a cok and the fridge is always stocked with beer, Oh and did I mention that I got a 27 inch TV with Cable/DVD surround Sound, and all the cool lod movies to kick it with after the dust has settled....Look me up, lrs30@msn.com www.myspace.com/ryanbfg also have an extra harley to ride in our down time....

19. Movinman

Movinman
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am close enough to the Keys. Come on down here and give me a hand with my 51 Olds. If you are serious, shoot me a pm.

20. Amazing! Looks like a new business is born!

21. modelttom

modelttom

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Coud you post the model T coupe??? I need some ideas for mine
    </TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

22. I could sure use help getting this one right again, 41 chev.

[​IMG]

23. hammerndollie

hammerndollie

Absolutely! I love when things start to come together!

24. Stude-sled

Stude-sled