Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Traveling Hamber

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 08racer, Dec 17, 2015.

1. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Ok I travel a shit ton for work. (2-3 times a week) at this moment I'm in Peoria Illinois for the next 48hours. Maybe we can start a thread for the guys that travel professionally to meet up with hambers when traveling.... Just an idea as I sit here waiting for my food to come .....

2. I don't travel much, certainly not as much as you do but, that's a great idea (meeting up with fellow HAMBers). It's always great to get other folks perspective on vehicles or life in general. It broadens our own personal outlook and it's always fun to see what projects others are working on.

volvobrynk likes this.
  3. That's a excellent idea for a thread.
    I've had great luck meeting up with HAMB folks when traveling for non car related reasons.. I've met up with people from here in Ohio, Indiana and Minnesota. Usually just meet for dinner and a beer or 3, but have also had the opportunity to do some really neat garage tours as well.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. The37Kid

The37Kid

Great idea................but HAMB rule #1 is if you don't post photos it didn't happen. Post some sun rise, sun set shots photos and historic places. Turn this into a HAMB Travel Guide. Bob

volvobrynk likes this.

5. .................Please include cars whenever possible.:D

volvobrynk likes this.
  6. racer_dave

racer_dave

Well, my next trip is Singapore. any HAMBers there?

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

need to carry a large fold out pic of your car with you and take a pic of it in whatever town that you are in.

tb33anda3rd and Jet96 like this.
  8. Sumter Co. Florida for the winter. Any HAMBers in central FL?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2015
    volvobrynk likes this.
  9. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Just applied paint and polish to my new HAMB topper on Monday. (red and polished aluminum, shows up nicely on my rear plate)
    Two guys already noticed it, and commented that they are 'lurkers'...I told 'em "Get in the act, there are more of us than you know!"
    Yep. HAMBers, lots of 'em, I'd allow. Me? I'd rather be a HAMBer than a nail...

10. Deuced Up!

Deuced Up!
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I am in from the host side...If a H.A.M.B.er is ever in the Springfield, MO area let me know.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  11. Timbofor

Timbofor

Same for Carson City, Nevada. Reno is close too though.

12. Gray's Garage is just east in Metamora, ILL. They've built many great looking rods and might be worth a visit... Everett Gray did some work on my 47 Caddy years ago. Chuck Gray (son) runs a shop, although I've never visited it myself.

13. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Leaving Illinois tomorrow. But I'll be in Grand Rapids and Muskegon mi next Monday and tue. Anybody from that area?

14. steinauge

steinauge
    from 1960

Montana1 I am over in samsula(new Smyrna beach area).Not very far from Sumter county.

15. luckythirteenagogo

luckythirteenagogo
    from Selma, NC

Im in Kenosha Wi the boarder of Wisconsin and Illinois between Chicago and Milwaukee.

16. Hey, I heard there is a big cruise night over there somewhere. 400-500 cars. Tell me about it and maybe we can make it some time.

17. I live in Muskegon. Could give you the nickle tour on Tuesday.
    Message me.

18. phat rat

phat rat

Muskegon here also. Funny coincidence, I have a brother who lives in Gilbert, but he's not a car guy

19. 08racer

08racer
    from Gilbert AZ

Sorry guys caught an early flight home to get shopping done and spend some time with the kids. But if all goes well I'll be back...A lot

20. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Flat ̶s̶t̶a̶n̶l̶e̶y̶ deuce!

vic