Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trashy parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by montana65, Jan 11, 2009.

1. montana65

montana65
    from Santa Cruz

[​IMG]

I'm kinda new here so let me know if this is O/T, In middle school I built this mini bike out of crap that people threw out at my local dump. the engine came out of a snow blower, tractor rear wheel, bike front wheel, all the metal came from various excersize equipment as did the seat, gas tank came from a half crushed moped and so on.(my dad wouldn't dish out any money for real minibike parts) but that was an awesome feeling riding it for the first time. now a couple years down the road my 65 c10 needed some cab support rails which I made from square tubing and angle iron that I found at the dump, and the bus depot dumpster was full of street sign post that was perfect for the bed support rails.(not recommended unless you know someone who works there:D) Also I cant even keep track anymore of all the cool tools and stuff I got from the dump. Anyway I was at the world of wheels in Boston yesterday talking with the really cool guy who built and raced this dragster in the 60's, and he was telling me how the exhaust came from a cut up hospital gerny, and all this other cool stuff he made from odd parts. So I think all of us would love to see and read about those cool parts on your cars made from none car related junk.

[​IMG]

2. Pir8Darryl

Pir8Darryl

Resurrecting old junk into something nice is what we do here, so no, not O/T.

3. The hood ornament is off a neighbors flag pole, and i built the rear deck lid out of 2 old school desk bottoms and a VW roof.