Register now to get rid of these ads!

Transport Available Posts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BenD, Jul 1, 2009.

1. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

From the view numbers I'm seeing on the classifieds posts and from all the "Wanting Transport" posts I'm seeing on the main board, I don't think folks realize where to search for available "Transport" for their cars, parts, etc.

Most, if not all the Hamb Transport people are posting available routes in the "Misc. For Sale" sect. in the classifieds. BUT, you'll have to do a search for "Transport" to find them because the board moves too fast for them to stay on the first page very long. If you post in the "Wanted" section, we might see it, but when I'm on the road my computer time is very limited obviously. Just this morning I saw a wanted ad for where I was yesterday, could have made it happen but didn't get the word in time. The near misses just frustrate me when I know I could have helped.

The "Hamb Relay" is a great thing if it coincides with an upcoming event, like the Roundup, Hunnert, Hamb Drags etc. Otherwise seems as if it bogs down because of too many zigs and zags. If you don't mind your stuff seeing many hands for gas money it's perfect for you.

I also see alot of "how can I find you" mentions. I believe most of the current Haulers on here list themselves in the Hamb-O Dex if they pull somewhat full-time. The folks that are making random trips can be found by searching for transport or hauling. Most likely in the "Misc. for Sale" section in the classifieds.

Just trying to get everyone on the same page for the betterment of our community. If you've got a better idea please voice it.

2. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

OK.....then is the idea to put the "Wanted Transport" in the "Misc. for Sale" section in the classifieds ?

And also transport available also in the "Misc. for Sale" section in the classifieds ?

Maybe someone needs to ask Ryan if thats what he wants

Beaulieu

3. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

If it's a wanted post it should be put it in the wanted section, BUT if it is time sensitive I'll assume you would also be doing a search. The correct area to be searching for available routes would be the "Misc for Sale" section. If that makes sense?

4. beaulieu

beaulieu
    from So Cal

it makes sense to put them in the same section, wherever that is,
    better for the haulers and better for those needing hauling,

Beaulieu

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

With ya there.

6. Seems like it'd make more sense to simply have a separate "Transport Available/Wanted" section, so such services/requests don't get lost in the everyday shuffle or misplaced due to confusion.

Organize the classifieds section along the lines of:

• Cars for Sale
    • Parts for Sale
    • Misc. for Sale
    • Cars/Parts/Misc. Wanted
    • Transport Services Available/Wanted

7. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Wanted in wanted, I say there should be a transport social group, keep it all in one place. Of course I PM BenD. :D

8. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Echo to ZMan's idea. I was thinking a social group acting sort of like a dispatch, allow posting and viewings of transporters positions and or ETAs/ETDs of specific areas as well as allow transporters to quickly check for customer requests.