Register now to get rid of these ads!

Transmission HELP!! Ford C4 issues

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by brainfrz, Feb 13, 2006.

1. brainfrz

brainfrz

For the transmission gurus and others who have played with the C4 trans...

I've been having issues finding neutral, so I remove the shift linkage (using a Lokar shifter) and ran the transmission through the gear manually from under the car to see I for some reason I had the linkage off and the detents were not being hit. That did not show anything, so I proped up the rear end on my '63 Falcon and tryed rotating the drive shaft in all of the gears.
    Park - no rotation of the gears: Check
    Reverse - CC rotation (when viewed from under the car looking at the transmission) That didn't seem right
    Neutral - same rotation
    Drive - same rotation

Is this a simple fix or major?! Could it be the reverse bands or is it simplely a neutral linkage problem...is it some thing else???

Background...transmission is used and never been run on this vehicle. Reviewed the inside when I bought it for any signs of damage or issues, but not a transmission expert.
    Please help...my maiden voyage has been a long time coming and this is pissing me off.

B-Frz

2. eberhama

eberhama