Register now to get rid of these ads!

Transmission Help: 58 Ford overdrive help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1BADSLED, Oct 1, 2007.

1. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Does anyone have a parts breakdown of a 58 ford 3speed overdrive transmission, or a link to one. Need it to repair the one in my friends 58 Ranch Wagon. Thanks

2. shpotty

shpotty
    from New Jersey

Find yourself a factory shop manual for the car. They have the best information for stuff like this. There's a couple on Ebay right now.

3. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

The Ford Mechanic Ford Service Forum from April 1956...No. 6 is a 39 page booklet on just the overdrive trans complete with exploded drawings and diagnostics. A step by step overhaul procedure. They show up on Ebay for very little money.

4. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

You need to trouble shoot first. Most of the time the problem is external (read: electrical). Does he know how to operate it? Many newbies who never drove one back in the day don't know how to drive one. Old MoToRs manuals had sections on wiring and trouble shooting. I believe it's also been beat to death here.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. NoSurf

NoSurf

6. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

7. 1BADSLED

1BADSLED

Thanks that is just what I needed, Took it apart yesterday, just wanted to see what it was supposed to look like before the damage. That is why The HAMB and its members are the the best. Who needs to buy the book when all the info is right here.