Register now to get rid of these ads!

Transmission Guru's help me out please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, Jul 9, 2009.

1. hey i'd apprecite the help on a tranny question.. how can you tell a Ford Borg-Warner T-10 from a Chevy one.. i needed a T-10 to put behind my Y-block but am not sure if the one i snagged will work.. The tranny i pulled off of my Y was the T-98 truck tranny and bellhousing but after grabbing this suppsed "Ford T-10" off of Craigslist i'm not so sure it will fit due to the input shaft and spline count.. what measurements can you take to identify them and the difference between them?

2. I am not really sure you have a problem. Just use a clutch disc that has the right spline and use a yoke that fits the transmission output shaft and get every thing married together. I think when you look at the bolt pattern for the tranny if it is a wide pattern it is like a later ford / Chevy pattern. Early ford patterns, like in my Falcon, Have a top loader pattern IE: top of trans does not have big ears on it. Top bolds are close to casing

3. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

my buddy says Chevy's are 26 spline..... if that helps.