Register now to get rid of these ads!

transfering a title from Canada

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by junk runner jr, Apr 22, 2004.

1. junk runner jr

junk runner jr

I am heading over to Carlisle to meet up with a buddy from Canada. He is loaning me is motorcycle for and undisclosed period of time and I am picking it up from him there. We are going to transfer the title over to me so I can insure it in my name and so he cant be held responsible if I get hurt or if I hurt someone else.

What is the best way to go about this. I spoke to the courthouse and was told that since I was not crossing the Canadian border myself that I would not need anything from customes. Is this true and if so does my buddy have to do anything at customes? From what they told me they will treat it just like I purchased it from another state. They said all I need to do is get a Vin Number inspection and a bill of sale. What do you all think? I dont feel real comfortable with the info I got. The lady seemed a little scatterbrained.

2. 46mopar

46mopar

I bought my car in Canada and didn't have any problems I took it across the border I had a bill of sale and the title they walked the dogs around the car and asked me some questions they told me that any thing over 25 years old doesn't have to go throught customs. If your buddy is bring it across for you the only thing you need is the title and the bill of sale. It's just like buy one from another state.