Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trans gurus....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigbearchaseme, May 30, 2009.

1. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage

I have a c6 that when it gets warm wont go into gear. It was doing just fine last nite on the freeway. I exited and at the light it acted like it wasn't going to shift . it did,then seemed like it was slipping. I made it home and checked the fluid, it is right where it needs to be. Anything I can do or is it gone?

2. RAY With

RAY With

Pull the trans dip stick and smell it. If it is discolored or smells bad you most likely fried the clutches but you don't have enough information to tell you much. Good thing is C-6 is a easy rebuild.

3. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage

When cold it will go into gear. When it warms up it won't. This truck sat for a good number of years, I got it running and pulled it out of the yard. On its first trip out it didn't want to shift, but after about a 1/4 mile it started shifting and has been for about a month. Now last nite this happened.

4. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

I'm probably about to say something stupid, but have you look at the pan lately? My dad had one acting just like yours and his pan was crushed. He beat it back out and it worked just fine. That's what you get when your mechanic is a freakin dopehead.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Faded Love Garage

Faded Love Garage

The pan is fine. I've talked to a couple of other people and it is sounding like I need to rebuild it.

6. k9racer

k9racer

Maybe you might luck out and just pull the transmission pan and replace the filter refill to correct leval. Clean the magnet that is in the pan . If it does not have one get one. on a added note I always on inital start go from reverse to forward gear about 4 to 6 times. I had a transmission rebuilder tell me to do that about 40 years ago and I have always done it. I hope this helps... Bobby..