Register now to get rid of these ads!

Trans filter help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoBrow, Feb 9, 2009.

1. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Im in need of an OEM replacement trans filter for my 62' Chrysler 300. These cars didnt have a filter under the valve body, instead it had an inline filter attached to the transmission cooling line. I believe the filter had fittings on it that allowed it to be fastened to the lines themselves for ease of removal. I was able to find some old (out of production) part numbers but have not had any luck locating any old inventory....Here are the numbers:
    Fram transmission number was P1651PL, which crossed to Chrysler 2400124 and J3168060 and GM 715102 and 5579826.

Anyone have or know of where one of these may be??? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

2. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

3. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

4. bryan6902

bryan6902

I work at a Chrysler-Jeep-Dodge store. I'll check today if that # supersedes to something we have today. You may have to end up cutting those lines anyways.

5. bryan6902

bryan6902

Checked into it, no luck. I know MOPAR sells an inline filter kit, probably the equivelant of what the aftermarket has. I'd be wary of any NOS filter, that paper can dry out failry easily and I wouldn't want filter chunks blown through my cooler or transmission!

6. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Thanks for looking. I think Im going to end up running a newer magnetic inline style filter....

7. dirybyrd

dirybyrd

go to Google and type the GM parts number in.......sometimes this works

8. Buy a remote engine oil filter setup, some inverted flare to pipe thread adapters, and plumb it in. Pick one that uses the common FL1A/PH8A Ford type oil filter. Some forklifts and meduim duty trucks use these as remote mount transmission fluid filters.
    Mount it on a location that will be maintenance friendly.

9. dirybyrd

dirybyrd

now there's a good idea!!!!!!!!!!