Register now to get rid of these ads!

trans crossmember for a 52 chevy, help needed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RayMiller, Jan 13, 2011.

1. RayMiller

RayMiller

I have a 52 coupe and recently installed a set of dropped uprights that combined with cut coils equals the tranny crossmember to close to the ground. I was wondering if anyone has made a crossmember or k member to fit in the frame yet still work with the stock drivetrain. Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

2. I'm not sure if this will work for you, but it worked for me on my project.

Trans-Dapt makes a trans crossmember in different drop heights. The ends are separate in the box. You put it in and weld the ends at the right length.

[​IMG]

3. 53sled

53sled
    from KCMO

I believe yours is riveted in, where as a 53-54 is bolted in.
    I see a drill bit, a lift and some welding in your future.

4. lorax54

lorax54
    from Denton, TX

I got mine from Hotrod works, and it is all above the bottom of the frame. Should work good when I'm aired out, front and back.

5. gsport

gsport

here's mine, i made for a 350/350 swap... you might get some ideas from it....
    [​IMG]

6. RayMiller

RayMiller

Thanks for the ideas, I have been sick for the past two weeks so I haven't been able to work on the car, I'm gonna try to this weekend

7. aldixie

aldixie

TCI has a crossmember kit that is a flat plate type. Gives you more room to route exhaust and keeps the K type bracing that stiffens the frame and you can mount the brake master cylinder in the original location.