Register now to get rid of these ads!

trans adapter

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dragsled, Oct 18, 2011.

1. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

got a trans adapter from a guy on here says it fits 39 ford to SBC ,I have a early 47 ford flathead trans ,is the bolt pattern diff from 39 to 47 ,the pattern on this isnt even close just trying to figure out what trans this might be for

2. alchemy

alchemy

The front end of a 39 trans is the same as a 47.

3. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

thanks maybe whoever he got this from wrote 39 and should have wrote 49

4. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

Well i figured my problem out I had been holding the adapter up to a trans I got to try useing the input shaft in my CAE in & and out box, the guy i got it from acts like he knows all about flatheads, said it was for a early flathead so I figure it is, I never bolted it to on of my motors so talking to the guy I got the adapter from he says he had it on a 39 trans,he thought maybe I was missing a spacer or it might be a later trans, So I pull the In & out box out of the dragster, had it and a block in the chassis to mock up mounts and so on, and put it to the adapter and guess what it fits prefect, Nothing like looking stupid because of someone else, So if someone seems like there full of shit they proablly are!!! Thanks Tim Jones