Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tragedy Struck!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by deuceroger, Sep 30, 2007.

1. I thought I would share this with you all. My uncle has owned this 32 ford sedan since he was in his teens, he is now in his 70's. He was told he had cancer and is now under going treatment. This car is his most prized posession. This 32 has a long history here in san antonio,tx. From what I have been told it ran a flathead with offy heads and intake back in the 60's. He took the motor out to let his friend use it,and his so called friend never gave it back. So the car sat for about 10 years until he got a hold of a 283 motor. He slaped that motor in and it has the 283 till this day. The car ran the original navy henry ford blue. About two months ago somebody set his garage on fire. I am probably going to take the car to my shop to do all the dolly work and put it in primer. The fire was so bad it warped the body really bad. Also the garage roof fell on top of the car. Its kind of hard to look at this car not not feel sad. I remembered this car from when I was a little boy and to look at it now is really sad. I went this morning to take a few pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

That's terrible, man. :( Fire is REAL unkind to sheetmetal.

How do you know it was "set" on fire?

3. WOW. I just threw up a little in my mouth. Truly sad

4. Well thats what the fire dept. told my uncle. There was nobody living at the house when the garage was on fire. He was living with his G/F because of his cancer treatment he was to week to be on his own.

5. garvinzoom

garvinzoom

I hope your uncle pulls through okay and he can help you restore his car. Good luck!!

6. lolife

lolife

Probably the neighborhood kids.

7. yeah thats what I was thinking.

8. Tony

Tony

Sorry to hear about your uncle..and sorry to see those pics.
    Best wishes in his treatment and recovery...
    and i TRULY hope who ever is responsible for that fire get's what's coming to them!
    I honestly can't put into word's how angry thing's like this make me...messing with a man's home and property...that shit just dosn't set well with me at all..
    Payback is a bitch.

Tony

9. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

What he said....

10. ray

ray
    from colorado

fire ain't that bad for it, it's the exposure to moisture after the fire that really ruins it. prolonged exposure to heat is bad too. this looks like a really "light" burn, there is still aluminum and rubber intact, looks like the only real damage to the metal was from the roof falling on it. that car is VERY savable. still a shame, but the car ain't lost.

11. kustomkat

kustomkat

I'm with Tony....

12. Dirty2

Dirty2

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for your uncle.

13. Casey

Casey
    Member Emeritus

Oh man roger I hate to here about your uncle and the deuce !
    I hope your uncle pull`s thrue !
    and for the deuce , man I need to meet you anyway I will come over and hold the dolly and help out all I can . I`m crying looking at those pictures. Casey

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, I really try hard to let the law handle shit, but I'd really like to see the fuckers that did that get a hot poker jammed up their asses. Some of the young assholes walking around aren't fit to live among humans.

I hope you get her back on the road. I also hope you find who did this. Before the cops do. Payback, brother. It's wrong, but sometimes a message has to be sent out.

15. nailhead_brent

nailhead_brent

Sorry to hear about the cancer bug, man it has been hitting hard latley it seems like...

good luck with everything, good luck getting the car together so he can have fun with it!!

hope all goes well for you and your uncle!

16. 23 bucket-t

23 bucket-t

sorry to here about your uncle i hope he will pull thru my prayers go out to him as for the car it is to bad i know you get her on ther road again

17. Big Tony

Big Tony

I'm also with the other Tony in that pay back is a bitch and why can't people leave crap alone. You need to save this ride, its story is really freaking kewl. Its also says alot about your uncle and his commentment to the car. Prayers are with you both as he fights the fight of his life. Here is to you and him restoring this car together after he restores his health. Always believe!!

18. Muttley

Muttley

Thats enough to make you sick to your stomach, I cant believe anyone would set that on fire on purpose. No form of torture would be inappropriate as far as Im concerned. Heres hoping for a slow and painful death. Your Uncle now has a fueled by hate reason for recovery, I'm rooting for him.

19. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

It is very difficult, if not impossible, to restore a car damaged by fire in such a complete fashion. Many fire damaged cars will not retain paint any longer, and the sheet metal is ruined.
    Damned shame, too, 'cause that was obviously a really cherry piece before the vandals took out the matches.
    I feel your pain and your Grandpa has my deepest sympathy and best wishes for a deserved recovery or at least a painless and fulfilling last years.

20. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

That sucks man totally.......If you need a little inspiration read the article in Kustom Illustrated that has the El Matador in it and see what he went through to bring that car back to life. I wish you the best and hope you pull through.

21. i am not trying to be funny or anything here but if ths car means so much to him and it sounds like it does, then just rebuild the chassis and put the body back on it the way it is
    i know it is a sad thing to see but it would be worse to get rid of it all together. at least he could drive it or at the least someone in your family could still drive it
    it would be a shame to not at least try to fix it
    so its a bit burnt
    maybe a little wavy here and there
    but you'll never see that at 80 mph
    and you'll still be driving some family history
    hell there are a bunch of crazys that want cars to look beat up
    tom

22. tylerb

tylerb

that is really sad...............no one going through what your uncle is going through should have to suffer the loss of something that they cherish......why do bad things always happen to good people? i would totally restore it for him, im sure having it to ride around in would help with the recovery. we ought to start another HAMBANDY like program for anyone who is going through hard times like this. there are some really great people here and they dont deserve for these things to happen to them. we are all car guys. i hate to see tragedies happen to fellow rodders

23. 31whitey

31whitey

sad day
    I wish your uncle the best
    prayers

24. Aman

Aman
    from Texas

How about a big oh insurance claim/settlement to help with the rebuild?

25. Thanks to all for the best wishes to my uncle. Im going to make a print out of this thread and show it to him. It will make him feel better with all the incouragement. The car will be on the road again.