Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tragedy avoided at car cruise today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55chrysler, Jul 8, 2012.

1. SOHC427

SOHC427

Nice Going! I wish more people could find it in themselves, to help, when someone is in need.
    I am really proud of the hot rod people like you, and I say thanks!

Good deeds are returned, sometime, when you need it!
    Eric

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Good thing you guys pulled over! Your hero's! Glad everybody is okay!

3. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Good for you, you did a great job. Now lets hear more about that early 50's sedan delivery.

4. Nope. Right where you needed to be.

5. moefuzz

moefuzz

Good on you for stopping to help, most people would just drive on by.

6. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

Nice going, wrong place right time. You still need to go back, he may just have a 32 3W sitting in that back shed:cool:

Scotty

7. Tripple G

Tripple G

God does work in mysterious ways. I was having trouble sleeping this morning, so I logged on the computer and went to the HAMB. This thread caught my attention right away. Thanks for sharing, doing the right thing and helping put my mind to rest. Whether you know it or not, you served God, by serving others. We need more guys like you in today's society. I'm going back to bed now - GOD'S BEEN GOOD! :)

8. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

wow thats crazy! great story good deed for sure good things are coming your way!

9. sololobo

sololobo

Wonderful work guys, thank god for caring people. This is the kind of news that shows hotrodders are cool, caring, unselfish folks. Thanx for taking care of the gent. Heros all! ~sololobo~

10. shadams

shadams

11. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

Lucky you had a lawn chair!!!! :cool:

12. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Good for you for stopping, many would not. Well done to all involved and I hope the gentleman makes a quick recovery.

13. woodbutcher

woodbutcher

:D Great work guys.Wish that there were more people like you two around this old world.
    Good luck.Have fun.Ne safe.
    Leo

14. rustednutz

rustednutz
    from tulsa, ok

God has a way of using us for good if we just let him. Thank you three for your caring concern.

15. RC Kid

RC Kid
    from Alabama

Right place/right time. And you were willing to stop. You don't know how many people now days won't stop. Good deed, good job. and God Bless.

16. manhugos my bitch

manhugos my bitch
    from nor cal

Way to step up and help.

17. You guys are Heroes!! So many people wouldn't even stop. It is a good feeling when you are there to help someone and you will be rewarded later. Good job. I think I will get a first aid kit for my cars.
    Thanks For What You Did. Mark

18. Wooster

Wooster
    from Soso, MS

As an ICU RN I deal with the privacy laws every time I go to work...You can thank our government for this and the sad thing is that after recent rulings from higher up it is only going to get worse...Glad ya'll were able to lend a helping hand

19. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

I got word that the gentalman is doing fine.

20. I'll always be grateful for a truck driver passing through northeast Georgia who stopped and got involved when he saw a little 4 year old girl walking by herself along a busy highway. He stopped, put her in the warm cab of his truck, got hold of a state trooper on his CB (this was 1978, no cell phones). Trooper called DFCS, and the little girl and her sisters, ages 2 and 11 months, were removed from the home. My wife and I were able to adopt those three girls in 1980, this Saturday is the 32nd anniversary of our adoption. Oldest daughter still remembers it, what she remembers most clearly is being frightened by the sound of the air brakes on that 18 wheeler. She kept the trucker's Cat Diesel Power cap that he gave her until it literally fell apart. Often wondered what might have happened if that truck driver had kept going.

21. tstclr

tstclr

The world needs more people like you two.

22. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

Lots of great sentiments in this entire thread. I think everyone should read it.

23. Hankster32

Hankster32

What was the lady in, the sedan delivery or the daily driver?

24. Heart warming for sure. One thing I've learned over the years is delays when travelling are sometimes life savers set up to put you in the right place at the right time. It's happened before and it happened again yesterday when the semi-truck a few car lengths ahead of me shed a tire. Thank God we wake up every day. (so far)

25. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

26. Never doubt that every day you are exactly where The Big Guy wants you to be. Ya done good!

27. 55chrysler

55chrysler
    from kelso wa

She was in the sedan delivery

28. it was a very nice 50 ford bright red, her other half owned a car lot in Roseburg, sorry to say I did not get there name, but I know a few club members I will have to find them we owe each other lunch Lol. There was others that stopped and checked up too, all hotrodders. I think its the car thing I cant say enough about the stray angels as most that stopped were members of that club, great folks and great values
    NO I am not a member, I roll with the Road Master shamefull plug

29. ItsLUCKY

ItsLUCKY

God bless the woman, your friend and you!