Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditionally Blown

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mutt, Feb 16, 2005.

1. Mutt

Mutt

Just scored some motors yesterday, one of which has a fresh Littlefield prepped 4-71 with a Cragar V-belt drive. This may require re-thinking my use of a 406 for the '32.

It's got a 1-1 drive, so it won't put out much boost on a larger c.i. motor. A 283 or 327 would give me 5-8.5 lbs boost, which , with a proper static C.R. would make it interesting. The only drawback to the setup is that I would have to find, or make, a 2-4bbl intake for the blower, or use Hilborn injection. 1 4bbl just doesn't look right on a blower. But mechanical injection isn't street friendly.

The advantage of the V-belt drive is that it's compact, and better for the street than the wide belts. You could run a mechanical fan on this setup. Anybody have a 4-71 dual four barrel manifold?

Mutt

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

3. Mutt - when I get the money saved, I am putting a 1 4x 2 2 adapter on top of a little single blower on my 283. I think it'll look similar to the set ups they used to run on the flat heads.

4. Mutt

Mutt

Thanks Gotgas - I was looking for a used (inexpensive) one. :)

Tudor - keep us posted. There's nothing like being blown....

Mutt

5. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

nice take!

knarly lookin motor

and yeabuddy, nuttin like gettin blown ;)

T

6. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I say build a plate to accept two or 3 strombergs or Rochesters..

Nice score..