Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Thanks guys! Actually seeing it in photographs it doesn't look as bad as it does in person. I was honestly sort of reluctant to post some picts of it...

2. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Hey Louvers...I posted this on the main forum but thought I would post it here....I know my windshield needs chopped down but just can't bring myself to do it....talk me into it....lol.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya know, I'm kinda struggling with the same thing with mine. The winshield on it was bolted on loosely before I went for a ride this after noon, and it really doesn't look horrible full height. I keep looking at Tommy Ivo's car though which has a 3" or so chop on it and it looks damn good too. I think ours will probably get chopped the same as soon as I have time to cut down the seat riser to a reasonable height.

Funny, another of those things that I preach as gospel on these cars is that seat risers should be short to help you sit in it. My customer, when he got to that point, asked what to do, then did just the opposite! Driving it today had my thigh just below the top of the body. Ironically, one of the reasons he sold it to me so cheaply was the old "I can't fit in it" routine.

4. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

You know it has a look. I like the way it sits. I like all your ideas. You are right, the radiator has to come down a couple or three inches. You know how I am about that. "if it isn't too low, it is too high." Don't worry about the fan, they were using electric ones in the '60s for sure. Even heard that Norm put one from an english import on the Kookie Kar. Think Von Franko told me that. That is one thing I compromised on in my roadster after I burned up an engine in a parade. Hardly shows.

Looking forward to seeing how it looks with the changes.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, unfortunately though mechanical fans are yet another thing I'm absolutely crazed about. Might take some doing to make it all fit, but I'll figure it out. I'm not down on electric fans because they aren't traditional, I just haven't found one that will hold up to daily driving in my extreme climate. Most make it about half a summer before they turn into a puddle of black goo. It's gonna be kinda of a shame about losing that brass radiator though, if you can believe it, I took the car out today and just drove around the previous owner's neighborhood to make sure it'll do okay on the five mile ride home. It was running for good 45 minutes at slow speeds and stops and it never went above 190 the whole time on a 110 degree day. kinda nice when stuff works like that! But, it just isn't going to go with the "sixties bucket" theme, so after some polish, to E-bay it goes. Been calling friends locally looking for a cheap deuce shell to cut up - heck, I'd even go glass on that! I'm thinking an aluminum dimple died insert.

6. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

You also need to get rid of the flag pole sticking up in front of the dash :rolleyes: :D

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Been lookin' at a way of doing that already today! Unfortunately, the Incredible Miss Judy thinks it's "cool"! Might have a fight on my hands with that one. She also dug out an old plaster skull my stepdad found at a garage sale years ago and asked of it could be a shift knob... AAAARRRGGGGHHHH!

8. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Hey I'm liking Miss Judy better all the time. Remember NO BLOOD. LOL

As for electric fans I think it is the lesser of two evils. And I think there is no evil worse than a too high radiator-grill. Mine really doesn't jump out at you. It shows up more in the picture than it really does. Tell me the truth when you were looking at my roadster did you think "pretty kool car too bad he put on that ugly fan?"

Shit I just enlarged the picture. It really doesn't jump out at you like that picture shows. I don't think.

Attached Files:

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

My take on the windshield is, if you run a top or plan to, you need it. I run a 14" and have thought about going 16", but that would be the most I'd go.

The tall windshield without a top, looks like what it is, missing a top. Rebel, Louvers and yours look 20". Is that about right?

And yes, I'd still like to know if your tires are radials or bias ply. I can't tell from the pics.

10. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Fred

Just measured my windshield. It measures 17" Top to bottom with a 15 1/2 inch glass opening. I think it would look better at 15" or 16" and the grill shell maybe an inch or two lower but everything is a compromise on a street driven car. Oh and my tires are bias ply.

Gary

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Wow, just measured my stocker rocker and it's 21" total. That means Gary's is chopped four inches! It sure doesn't look it though. I have always run just the lower half of a '23-'25 style windshield on cars in the past, so this time I think I'm going to keep most of the height there. I would like to make a top if I keep this car any time at all.

12. Johnny Wishbone

Johnny Wishbone

13. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

I like it.....cool look and stance!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using H.A.M.B. mobile app

14. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Wow! Looks like a 20". Did it come 17" or was it cut? Honestly, I wouldn't change anything on your car, unless you're just bored.:D It looks like the T Norm would have built, if he had gotten some red paint for free. Very few T Buckets look good or right with a Deuce shell. Sometimes, the '32 shells look like an after thought. Like they don't blend with the rest of the car.

15. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Thanks Fred and no it's done, no more changes. The windshield frame was a swap meet find still wrapped in the newspaper from the chrome plater. I'm sure it's not stock height but not sure how much has been cut from it. I'm really not opposed to high windshields as long as they don't lean forward. They at least should be strait up. Better leaned back some.

16. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

My bad.....bias ply!

17. GEGE

GEGE

here is kinda stock top and windshield (mix and match due to car being front part of a touring) (it does fold down)

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  18. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Awesome....

19. 34 pages.....has this one been posted already?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Kramer

Kramer

No.

21. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

A few of my Bucket out for a cruise....

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  22. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Flootie. Did ya drop that a touch in the back?

23. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Nope...the original picture I posted made it look high...I like the way it sits now...I could go an inch or two more but then things will start to smack into other things!

24. JSHAW

JSHAW

Chip,

BAD A S S gokart!
    I want a ride.

Attached Files:

25. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

That's going to be cool.

26. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Got my front tires in the mail yesterday, I'll get them mounted this week, and lug nuts for the five spokes should be here later this week.... Wait 'till you see the difference then!

27. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Is it still for sale?

28. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Yes....still for sale...its in the classifieds section. Search Traditional Style...

29. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Thanks. Someone sent me a link to a cars for sale web site and I thought it looked familiar. I told him to join the HAMB and PM you.

30. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Was the website .....

WWW.barnsandrubble.com

Or if he has questions he can call or text me at 209-815-1515