Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features traditional t bucket

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merles_garage, Feb 23, 2012.

1. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

So.... have ya made up your mind yet??
    :)

2. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

The Family Plan "T"... I meant to scan that one and drop it in. I say it allot, but another of my favorites.

4. guy1unico

guy1unico

This is a T bucket...I don't know how or where most of you come up with all this other crap.

Attached Files:

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Yep, but that car and a couple others marked a major change in how these things were built that took them away from being a traditional car, therefore on topic for this sight. And I sure wouldn't call what came before crap....

6. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Mine too.

7. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

I know I keep jamming my car down you guy's throats, but here's one more...from my friend Josh Strange...

[​IMG]

This is BY FAR my most favorite pic of my car. This is from last year (I let Dad take it, it's why we got it in the first place), wish I could've gone with it (broke...still am)!

8. TerrytheK

TerrytheK
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I really like that pic too. Had to back-track a bit and re-read the post where you had the old build pics and notes, which was very cool and a great read. Nice car.
    Like steel rebel sez - Keep jammin'!

9. hotrodscott2003

hotrodscott2003

Thanks! The little bugger is pretty fun! It really could use some better upholstery, but that'll come. For now, we're just driving the wheels off of it every chance we get!

10. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Hey I think I know him.. doesnt he have a sedan?

11. weez

weez

This has been on here before, but I dig this one! I gave it an award in Yokohama a couple of years ago. Aside from the kinky top it's pretty cool-

Attached Files:

EVL401 likes this.
  12. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Well I must be on the wrong thread because those crappy fad T junk piles is the 1970's lack of taste that I cant stand!!! I believe that my car represents the "TRADITIONAL" T roadsters that crowded the dry lake beds in the thirties,forties, and fifties! I mean come on we are talking about the cars that started our hobby lets represent them with a little bit of dignity instead of those LSD induced abortions!

13. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Don't believe I've seen an uglier T top than that. Lines going in every direction and swaybacked material between the narrow back bows....ouch.

14. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Dont get me wrong WEEZ I love Grabowski's first build ,but then it went wacky and started the cartoon fad T movement. As I said I cant help but think the drug culture had alot to do with that distorted image.

15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

baawaaaahahha!

16. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

[​IMG] Cartoon cars and drugs, I agree. Fad Ts suck. :D<!-- / message -->

17. youngster

youngster
    Member Emeritus
    from Minnesota

C'mon guys, The show cars of the '60's and '70's were just that ... show cars. There where also a great number of fine t's built in those eras. Ya gotta take each car for what it is. I'm not so sure a 40 year old car couldn't be a traditional car of sorts. It's just a different tradition.

As far as traditional T's go, not many have the knowlage to build a true example of a T from the '30's or even the '40's. Most of the " traditional " builds I see have off the shelf parts or late model parts on them. In my mind if you're building a period piece you should pick a cutoff date and stick to it religiously.

Just my 2 cents.

Ron

18. bardahl1

bardahl1

A T done right is a special thing.

Attached Files:

• T 1.JPG
      T 1.JPG
      File size:
      143.9 KB
      Views:
    • T2.JPG
      T2.JPG
      File size:
      144.1 KB
      Views:
    • T 3.JPG
      T 3.JPG
      File size:
      133.7 KB
      Views:
    • T 4.JPG
      T 4.JPG
      File size:
      140.6 KB
      Views:
    • T Bucket.jpg
      T Bucket.jpg
      File size:
      76.5 KB
      Views:
    EVL401 likes this.
  19. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

I do agree that you need to stick to what you say your build is, but
    I do still live in the real world. My car holds as much to the era as I can get and still meet my needs as a daily driver! Believe me I want a flathead but cant afford it! Would love a Y-block and grew up with them. Again I know the cost compared to a small block Ford. I will NOT put a chevy in it!!! I believe chevys belong in chevys and Fords belong in Fords, if its an oddball make than anything goes! I do however build everthing I touch to its acceptable era yet I try to make it as streetable as possible with overdrive trannys etc.

20. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

EVERY era and build style had its hits and misses...
    Despite what many care to admit, there were some damn ugly rides built in the 40's/50's and some damn good looking rides built in the 70's/80's.

Although the raw material was all similar to start with, the builders, and ideas that were popular at the time, simply varied the end result into much different looking vehicles.

I love Modifieds and the early Tees like Ivo's...but I have no problem admitting to liking cars like "Sunkist".

For me it comes down to excess...and you could over do a build in any era! :eek::D

21. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Besides a small block Ford is a good lookin' engine. And they were produced in 1962, and did power the most legendary sports car and maybe the most recognized American hot rod ever built .....Carroll Shelby's Cobra!!!!!!

22. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Again I do agree that any build can be overdone, but I think some people should not own tools!!

23. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

Hahaha....I'll give you that one for sure! :eek::D:cool:

24. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Okay, back to T-Buckets, PLEASE.

25. photofink

photofink

I was right there too. It was the first modern built T that I kinda liked. I have a pic of Dejeer parking it...I couldnt even wait till he got out to snap a pic. My bucket wasnt running or together then and its still not running or together now :eek: ....yikes! Whats wrong with me?

26. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

It's very difficult to build a car with all vintage parts. It just takes so long to collect all the parts and is so tempting to just buy aftermarket. I built my roadster in the '80s with a Mustang engine and tranny, Corvair steering and some aftermarket parts. At the time there were a few Items I wouldn't compromise on. The steel body, V8 60 front axle, banjo rear end and 40 Ford brakes. I've since found and installed an old chrome Ross steering box and the Kookie Kar style Cad. engine. I have to admit I still have a few aftermarket parts such as S.S. shackles and an electric fan and an Econoline top loader three speed with a Jeep shifter. I think that's about as close to an all '50s car as I will get. Then again I might not be finished retroing it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 30, 2012
    EVL401 likes this.
  27. photofink

photofink

Ive been collecting parts for almost 20 years now for my bucket. Its still in pieces.

28. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

I like your car it still repesents the antique element, although not for me it is still in my eyes is a "Traditional T"

29. maddkutter

maddkutter
    from Aurora, Co

Granted I would get rid of the top and cut down the windshield!!

30. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

Lets see some pictures of the pieces.