Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Steering with fenders and front shock mount?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BillyBobsSpeedShop, Jan 16, 2012.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I am wanting to see some pics with cars that have the traditional style steering F1 box with a hoop style or other style steering arm with relation to the front shocks and mount? Im thinking with the fenders on with a steering arm at the top of the spindlle it will hit the shock? Any one with some pics would be great.

Thanks
    Billy

2. sawbuck

sawbuck
    from 06492 ct

on my 34 pick up i had that problem... i just leaned them in a little....sorry no pics

3. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

I think, if the drag link doesn't run comfortably outboard of the shock, the lower shock mount to the axle might be a bit on the spindly side, i.e. too long from the wishbone bolt.

4. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I am running a hoop style steering arm and I thinks its too long for my aplication. does anyone know if they make a shorter arm, when I say shorter the space from the back of the spindle to the center of the tie rod hole?

5. ROCKIT

ROCKIT

Got around the problem on mine by putting a step down in the steering arm and then braced it with an infil piece.

[​IMG]

I will find some better pics of the setup!

6. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

I measure from back of spindle to center of hole and it was right at 6 inches not counting the extra material past the hole, I didnt know if anyone makes one with a hole spacinf of 5 inches?