Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional Hot Rod?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BajaCharlie, Nov 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BajaCharlie

BajaCharlie

the about us section of the journal doesn't have any made rules to define "traditional hot rod" I looked up hot rod in the dictionary last night and no rules there either it just says a car(not specifying tin ford kit car with 350 in it)modified for increased acceleration.So could you "traditional" guys let us know the rules of hot rodding.Thanks ahead of time from a guy who modifies everything he owns to go faster.

2. Popcorn????????????????????
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  3. Ruiner

Ruiner

Do a search, it'll save you a lot of smartass comments and tears...or, you could spend some time looking through God knows how many build threads on the forum and decide for yourself based on the comments whether or not your stuff fits in here...typically, if you have to ask then you're probably either not going to understand or agree with the responses...

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Actually it's a pretty quick process around here...

Step 1: Post pics of your car

Step 2: Read all the comments about it

Step 3: figure out if you want to hang around here after following step 2.

It's a really good weeding process that works well around here.

5. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Go read every car magazine published up until about 1963 or so. That's pretty much the core of what this site is about.

There is newer stuff, street rods, muscle cars, space shuttles, nitro kia's, and a whole bunch of other stuff, but that's for other sites. Not here. Nothin wrong with that stuff. Just not hamb. Have fun.

6. Hey its been awhile since I have seen a smart ass thread with all the funny posts, we need one. Anyone have any "dryer sheets" bajacharlie can use to make his VWs and Dodge Vans more traditional?:D:D:D-Weeks

7. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I agree.

If you spend 5 minutes on the HAMB and still don't know what a Traditional Hot Rod is... Well, I don't know what to say...

Maybe your better off if you can't figure it out gettin' a leather jacket some cuffed levis and some polmade...

Or maybe you could ask Snoop Dogg if you could join the Crips... that's always a viable option...

Good Luck!!

8. Damn even the guy whos been here 2 minutes has an idea lol.-Weeks

9. hvychvy

hvychvy

Welcome aboard BajaCharlie!! I think to most of the people on this board building a traditional rod means sticking to a specific era.Whether thats a 50's rod or 60's show car, etc.The main thing people try to get across is, picking that era,and sticking to it as much as possible.Every part should be from that point in time in hot rodding.I think the main thing is,building a safe car the way you want it.Don't get me wrong,nothing cooler than a trad. 50's rod,but build it the way you want it.Good luck with whatever your building!!

10. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

If you have to be told, you wouldn't understand. It's safe to say most of us here on the hamb modify everything we own to go faster. My Dodge Dakota still is and never will be a traditional hotrod. That said it means different things to different people. My view is "traditional" hotrods are pre-musclecar vehicles made to go faster, no frills, no nonsense. Just power, and the least possible weight. Traditionally, muscle cars killed the hotrod, so that's where it ends for me.

Would you consider a cd of old christmas songs, recorded in the form of punk rock to be a traditional christmas song collection?

Then why would a 32 ford with airbags, a Brand new vette engine and MII suspension be considered a traditional hotrod?

I don't understand how people get so hung up over terminology.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2009
  11. Street rods are frowned on around here, here are a couple of street rod engines so you will know them when you see them......

[​IMG]

12. Your funny Kevin really funny. I tried to explain it to the fella through PMs and by sugar coating it and he still does not have a clue.-Weeks

13. Joe King

Joe King

Well, it's got to be able to go down the road under it's own power

14. Left Turn

Left Turn
    Member Emeritus
    from Omaha, NE

I love traditonal street rods!!

15. il Revrunde

il Revrunde

Its always fun to sit back and watch it all unfold

16. John Denich

John Denich

If you build something like this you will fit right in here!!! very traditional!!!!

Attached Files:

17. tiredford

tiredford
    from Mo.

Radial tires are OK!!! :rolleyes:

18. Ruiner

Ruiner

Is dis traditianalz?

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.