Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Traditional hot rod from Hungary

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CoolCat82, Jun 14, 2010.

1. </p>
    it's pretty much the same here, fenderless is illegal regardless of what others say....it is a very grey area but at the end of the day construction regulations say the tread of a tyre must be covered to prevent spray from the road. An open hood again is a can of worms, according to the law any moving or dangerous parts must be covered. So a mechanical fan is out the question and is (technically) exposed headers. Load of rodders here run fenderless and/or open engines with no real problem, we also have an annual test for road worthyness (MOT) but any regs can't be backdated so a correctly registered rod (say a 29 A) registered as a 1929 car only has to adhere to the rules as set in 1929. Oddly though the MOT doesn't require a hood or fenders!!!!

2. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

3. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Compliments for making it that far!
    I was gonna ask you about the reg plate but you already said.

4. I think it's exactly as stated...A HOT ROD...that's it :) No need to try and call it anything else. Nice ride, and congrats on all the work that was done to get it to that stage, against the obstacles you must face there!

5. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

ROBI...you are a COOL CAT, and you hotrod would fit right in here in the STATES. please don't let KK HICKY'S remark get you down. 99% of H.A.M.B. members are stand up people, but we do have our 1% of assholes like him. I admire people around the globe who want to be a part of hotrods and customs. brother i would love to have your old hoopy, and would be proud to drive it anywhere. your new friend in TEXAS U.S.A. YEEEHAAA...POP.

6. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Cool car, was it a Peugeot...?

7. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Heeeeey, what a surprise!!!! :D
    I know Johnny of course! The world is not too big :)
    This pic was taken at our american car meet last year.
    I think you will meet him soon because he went out to England again.

Attached Files:

8. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Paul,

you walk some miles ahead of me!
    There's no MOT or any inspections here for hot rods. There's no license plate for these cars, unfortunately. We have to fight here to legalize our cars completely.

9. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

It's not a Peugeot.

10. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Thank you for those good words! I am proud that I got new friends from Texas! :)

11. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

This is the van where the pictures was taken.

Attached Files:

12. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Jim master, the photo master.

Attached Files:

13. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

My hats off to ya buddy.. building something that is so foreign... no one can relate....just like Palookaville!

ha ha ha

14. Lunatic

Lunatic
    from Carson,Ca.

glad to see your hungary for hot rods..nice work

15. cleatus

cleatus
    from Sacramento

Dude, I so admire your dedication, to choose to build a car in a style that is apparently more or less unknown in your area - to find the right parts, and make a real nice hot rod come together is impressive.

16. slammed

slammed

Looking really good, running down the hiway. Keep driving and fighting the power's that be holding you down, brother.

17. Thats a sweet ride man, just the shizzle:)

18. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

I am thinking about post some pics of the '47 Pontiac... Today I will shoot some pic of it!
    I am curious about your opinions on the project.
    I want to install air bag suspension and I've got a Holden rack and pinion front end. Rear end is from a 3gen TransAm.
    Top is chopped, body shaved(not completely yet), trunk is tilted down some inches.. it was a 4 door and now it's a 2 door. Big 4 door body with 2 doors!
    Engine is a simple 305 Chevy that I want to dress up traditionally. I want to drive that car near as a daily drive that's why that engine and this is the reason of the TH-700R4 transmission.

19. Explain all the odd stuff ? Did Oz40 (Tom ), leave some stuff laying around ?

20. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

hehe you're right the australian front end is from Tomi!
    He helped me a lot on that project but next week he went back to downunder I'll be a lone wolf again.

21. fiki

fiki

Ill take a guess...is it a Skoda? :)

22. Cool cat...that's the guy..Jonny and his 29 Essex, no doubt he'll be back at the LI Diner quite soon...

23. That's a "HOT ROD"! No other words needed. What an incredible accomplishment, to build that in a country that is so isolated from the hot rod world. Keep fighting, maybe a 100,000 HAMBers, can appeal to your government in support, just tell us who to e-mail. We could tell them if cars like yours are made legal, we'll all come as tourists to see them.;)

24. joel torres

joel torres

my favorite body style hope to have one some day please tell us more about the rules of hotrods being illegal could they make you get rid of it in the future? if so send the car this way and move here i got room lol you can cruise all you want here as longs as its build right

25. Is there a recent DVD available of European gathering of hot rods?

I did get a dvd once from and can't play it on my player--must use different system over there?

26. In Europe cars like this are totally alien to the indiginous culture and so rules and regs just don't cover them...here in the UK we have an easier ride as the Classic scene is very strong so providing you have a car that looks "right" sometimes you can get around registration that way...getting a car an age related plate gets you off a lot of regs!.This though is a hit and miss affair and depending on which office you take your car to can mean a yes or no!....We also have SVA (Special vehicle assesment I think) that is a test to see if your car is built to the current regulations and BIVA (no idea what that means) which is alot more rod freindly and sumat ACE (Association of Car Enthusiasts ??) have been working on for years....the regs and whats safe are at odds and mainly there to stop identity swaps between cars...you can get an old car and stuff a massive engine in it and keep the registration...but if you swap out suspension and box the frame you loose the original identiy and get in to SVA or BIVA tests.....and like I have said they are more conserned with having side indicators and no pointy things on the dash..your car can be so badly engineered it's a rolling death trap as long as the dash is padded!!..building a car in mainland Europe is even harder, Hungary just has no laws that covers rods...Dont even think about France where engine swaps are basically illegal and Germany where anything you put on or in your car has to be "authorised" by the original manufacturer!!...like most things are are ways round these but it's getting harder!

27. we make them..Rad Rods Vol 1-4...www.raygun-industries.co.uk we have trailers on the site and if you want to buy just mail Tim (surf monkey on here) and specify you want the US DVD systemPaul

28. Same 'grey' aera in Holland about the law and fenders.
    If you have an old Ford from the 30's you need fenders, if you are loaded and have
    a Bugatti without fenders nobody cares.
    I don't know if these Bugatti's are inspected without fenders, with a Ford you need them on otherwise you don't pass inspection.
    Once you have valid paperwork in Holland on a car before 1960 there is no more inspection required :) and only the police can stop you.:mad:

29. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Invalid vote. Because you know me! :)
    anyway, right, it's a Skoda.

30. CoolCat82

CoolCat82
    from Hungary

Hey,
    If I won't win against the lawmakers, I will use your support! :)
    Sounds very good, thank you!