Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional blackwall tires

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j_johnson, Dec 23, 2009.

1. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

Im currently shopping for rear tires for my build. I want blackwalls. I have 15x8 rims. I have seen firestones with the old style lettering on cars but cant find them anywhere online. Also what would be a good tire size for the 15x8's? Thank you

2. 440shawn

440shawn

Hve you checked Coker tire? Spelling may be incorect. I purchased rims a tire for my 300 and they shipped ready to go. Very good to deal with.

3. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

X2

Your rims mightbe a little wide for a traditional tire. Would work for circa-70s lettered tires (G78x15 or whatever).

4. Are you looking for pie crust slicks? Or treaded tires? Radirs with the whitewalls turned in get my vote.

5. If by "old style lettering" you mean the small "Firestone" etc. cast in the sidewall, check Lucas tire in Long Beach, CA. They own the molds on those tires. Been selling them for decades. But for an 8" wide wheel I don't know if they will have an old size wide enough because there were no 8" wheels back when those tires were made - welllllll, maybe on hearses and ambulances ---- check Lucas.

6. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

I want treaded tires. The ones I want are on a orange roadster on the cover of a recent hot rod mag, dont know which one at the moment, it has cream colored wheels and all orange interior. The article says it has 245 75 15, The pictures have the old small firestone lettering. I cant find these anywhere.