Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traditional '50s style pickup tonneau covers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BeatnikPirate, Feb 25, 2012.

1. BeatnikPirate

BeatnikPirate
    from Media, Pa.

I'm posting this for a friend who has a mid-fifties Ford F100 and is looking for pictures of or ideas or sources for a bed cover.....preferably a soft one that looks traditional and fastens w. velcro or maybe snaps.
    Thanks in advance for your help with pics or suggestions.

2. i remember seeing old ones, probably from the 60's, made from plywood covered in vinyl and foam.

3. Larry T

Larry T

Ya can't tell much about them, but here's a couple. I'm pretty sure they used snaps on them in the 50's.
    Larry T

Attached Files:

4. Larry T

Larry T

More

Attached Files:

5. cruzr

cruzr

This is a pickup i used to own...wish i had a better picture

Attached Files:

6. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

i love the rolled and pleated styles that were popular in the 50's. many of them had cool two tone designs like diamonds, etc. the "little books" are filled with examples,,,,,i dont have a camera, so i am unable to post pics, but maybe someone else can.

7. OGS41

OGS41
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ours was just vinyl cover with snaps. Bought 2 pr of free floating cross supports from wood n parts and it can take the rain.

8. F&J

F&J

I am a sucker for those late 50s early 60 autorama trucks like Larry put up....awesome stuff