Register now to get rid of these ads!

Traded a Conestoga for a Falcon

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Faus, Jul 13, 2012.

1. Faus

Faus

So I traded a 54 Stude for a 62 Falcon four door. Now before everyone says "Why the hell trade a Lowery design Stude for a Falcon four door!?!?" Well it's only in need of a tune up, and it's cheap to keep up, and the studes frame needs some serious repair due to rust, so I traded a Stude for a family cruiser so my family and I can go for drives. Plus someone swapped out the 144 for a 200 and put a hurst shift kit and late 60's mopar buckets from a barracuda in it. I spent $200 and got the brakes done, oil changed, tune up, fuel system redone, and body work (rust repair). With paint and other stuff, I'll have $800-$1000 in the car, not bad for a family cruiser. It has 14 inch mustang wheels so I am thinking of lowering it a little; any advice on how to do it right and on a budget?

2. Faus

Faus

Anyone have any ideas how to drop one down safely and on a budget?

3. AZbent

AZbent

Sorry, I can't help in the lowering dept. But, it sounds like a fun little car.

4. Boeing Bomber

Boeing Bomber

Lowering blocks work on the rear, and cutting coils will work up front. You might also try the "Shelby drop" up front. Where the 2 mount holes are for the upper control arm are, measure an inch down, and a quarter inch back, and drill 2 new holes. Remount and align.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

There are a couple of good threads here on the H.A.M.B. centered around Falcons. "Falcons done right" and "Doing Falcons right" Done is for more finished cars as sort of a show and shine. Doing is the more technical side of things, and where you should head for advice about lowering these things. Allot of us that own these cars have contributed as far as lowering, engine swaps, trans swaps, brakes, etc. Lots to learn.

6. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

You can cut the front coils, and maybe put lowering blocks in the rear? Just a shot in the dark, as I know very little about Falcons. Both option will probably hurt the ride quality, but its cheap :)

edit: Boeing Bomber and Need Louvers? beat me to the punch

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  7. Veach

Veach

I have a lot of parts from my 60 Falcon 2dr Wagon.I don't sell parts but I do trade shot me an email I'm sure we can work something out but you will have to pay to ship.Veach

8. MrFalcon62

MrFalcon62

dearborn classics makes 3" dropped leaf springs as well as coils for falcons. i used them on my 62 four door. i also put 2" blocks on the rear springs as well to lower it 5" in the rear.

i also used KYB gas shocks on it. and the ride is incredibly smooth

9. spiders web

spiders web

Mmmmmmmm you got shiney beads m I got fire stick. Good trade.