Register now to get rid of these ads!

tractor supply paint question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by olds34dude, Oct 1, 2011.

1. olds34dude

olds34dude
    from florida

I've noticed anumber of people have used paint from tractor supply and wonder if 1 there is a difference between the restoration series and the original and 2 if you use the hardener with it, can it be sanded and buffed like a regular auto paint. I'm thinking of using black which isnt available in the restoration series anyway- only low gloss for black in that series. thanks , D.

2. flamed34

flamed34

I wet sanded and buffed one someone else driveway painted and brought to me to fix afterwards. It was just the regular enamel. The hardener allows you wet sand and buff.

3. nickk

nickk

haha i believe the main difference is price but im not to sure for certain, i work at tractor supply and most people just buy the regular stuff, but when i go to paint my truck and car im gonna try the restoration paint just to see how it works

4. oman

oman

I painted my panel wagon with the blitz black john deer paint, and i used the hardener and it came out great. I got tired of the satin black look and decided to wet sand it and buff it. It came out looking like an origanal paint job that was 20 years old due to the fact that i had pits and scratches in the paint. But you could make it look really good by buffing it, how long it will last thats another story.

5. Smokeybear

Smokeybear

Mine is the low gloss, I think it looks pretty good for a $50 paint job.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. CutawayAl

CutawayAl
    from MI

I believe all that paint is alkyd enamel. While it doesn't suck, it is at the bottom of the auto paint pecking order.