Register now to get rid of these ads!

TQ Midget?? Just got this looking for info

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 12packo94s, Sep 17, 2012.

1. 12packo94s

12packo94s

My dad just picked this up over the weekend and we really don't know much about it at all. I know i've seen some quarter midget postst before with a lot of good info so I thought I'd throw some pictures out there and see if anyone knew anything about this thing. My dad bought it thinking it was a quartermidget but we are thinking it's bigger then that and was definitely front engined so maybe three quarter midget???? Any info is appreciated!!

Attached Files:

2. designs that work

designs that work

It is either a Three quarter or a early micro midget. The wheel base and tire size will tell you if it is a TQ or micro. Most TQ's used a differential or rear axle. Conversly most micro's were chain drive. Very early micro's were front engine and then later ones were rear engine.

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

saw that in the swap at Kzoo, pretty sure it's a 3/4
    Crosley engined

4. Tom Bartlett

Tom Bartlett

The front axle is from a Crosley, and so is the differential.

5. jpm49c

jpm49c

By the look of the motor mounts i don't think it was Crosley powered. Some sort of motorcycle engine with chain drive